VS Red Sox 07/ 27

Roll Tide

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team is horrific. Their season is over. They aren't going to make the playoffs. See you guys next year.

...Actually, no. I'm just WAY overreacting because we're being embarrassed by the Red Sox at home, with all their little mindless minions cheering along in OUR park. And because I really, really hate losing to the team that's just a couple games ahead of us in the standings, when the opportunity for a sweep was so tantalizing.

2 out of 3 tomorrow? Can I hope for that at least?

I'm hoping for a rain out with Lester vs Hammel as the match up. Yikes.

Everyone's always soooo defensive but they are terrible with runners on 3rd. People bring up how they score 52% of the time or whatever it is, yet how many of those hits have actually mattered? It seems every time we need a run they fail in that situation. That's now 5 times since the ASB that we have failed to score with a man on 3rd and no outs. 5 times. Please defend that.

It happens to every team, I don't think you grasp that. What we are seeing every team goes through it. If not teams would average 6-7 runs a night.

They have to look at this game as the turning point and just ride out the rest of the season. Otherwise, they will give up some future pieces they will need down the line for some guy that won't make an impact.

Teams that are four games out of first place with 58 games left to play generally do not ride out the rest of the season.

Archived