Does It Get Anymore Unclutch Than That?

Jonesy10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TJ is a long man, most teams have somebody like that. I don't think he has been a waste.

If anything with the amount we were using the pen over the last few days, I'm guessing they wanted to hold onto TJ for potential extended action today (Tuesday) in the even t that the starter has to come out after 5.

In the last 3 losses, all 1 run losses, the offense is a combined 1-27 with RISP. We win at least 2 of those 3 games if we are even just 5-27 with RISP which is still jorrible.

We have scored the 4th most runs in baseball....this isn't about the freaking offense.

The announcers said the Orioles were 1st or 2nd in batting average with runners in scoring position going into last night. Some nights you go 4-8 and some nights you go 1-8.

Yeah but lately they've been going 0 for whatever one game, and then been really good the next game, which makes it hard to win 2 games in a row. Obviously they won't be great each game, but going 0-11, 1-8, and 0-8 in a 7 game span is why we are just 4-3 when our pitching has been very good in that span (besides last night). The problem is that when they've been bad with RISP, they've been REALLY BAD.

In the last 3 losses, all 1 run losses, the offense is a combined 1-27 with RISP.

This can't be true, considering that the O's were 2-for-8 with RISP last night alone.

Also, are you including at-bats by pitchers in the RISP total? I suspect you are, but really?

We have scored the 4th most runs in baseball....this isn't about the freaking offense.

Yep, this was a massive bullpen failure. Every guy they brought in gave up runs. Chris Davis was plenty clutch with a 2-out home run to tie the game. The O's scored 6 runs and even got some RBI's from Brian Roberts. What was not clutch was the home runs given up by Patton and O'Day. Hopefully they will rebound from the loss as they have pretty much all season.

This can't be true, considering that the O's were 2-for-8 with RISP last night alone.

Also, are you including at-bats by pitchers in the RISP total? I suspect you are, but really?

Well, to be fair, there are discussions going on about how NL rules is the "real" way to play the game, so to that point, an at bat with RISP should be counted the same no matter who is at bat. (not that I agree with the no-DH people).

Well, to be fair, there are discussions going on about how NL rules is the "real" way to play the game, so to that point, an at bat with RISP should be counted the same no matter who is at bat. (not that I agree with the no-DH people).

Even when the pitcher is bunting (as Feldman did last night with a RISP)?

You are right, they were 2-8. They gave Nate a base hit in the 9th when it looked like an error to me (especially when they gave Hardy one for bobbling it too).

Not to go off on a tangent but that was a horrible ruling by the official scorer. How can you give Hardy an error on a tougher play and the give McLouth a hit when Goldschmidt had a much easier play and missed two chances to make a play? What was this guy thinking? Just horrible. He had it backwards.

Yep that's why I said we were 1-8 since I didn't see anyway that could be ruled a hit but I guess not.

More stats.

Runners in scoring position.

Orioles 3rd in all of baseball in BA.

Orioles 3rd in baseball in OPS.

Orioles 6th in all of baseball in runs despite being 17th in AB's in these situations.

So the Orioles don't go a great job (17th) of getting guys on base and in scoring position in the 1st place but are actually one of the most clutch teams in all of baseball!

I'm guessing that won't stop Jonesy10 (and some others) with the daily RISP hyperbole.

I'm guessing that won't stop Jonesy10 (and some others) with the daily RISP hyperbole.

We are 1-27 in our last 3 losses. That's averaging a chance with RISP each inning the last 3 losses, and we have ONE HIT. Is that good?

Last time i looked this team had a 4-2 lead in the 7th. This one is all on the Pen today.

Why are you defending that disgusting call? That ump should be fired. It changed the momentum of the game. This ump is a huge fail. The best umps never make themselves noticed like this.

Archived