2. Stephen Drew (L) SS

3. Dustin Pedroia ® 2B

4. Mike Napoli ® DH

5. Jonny Gomes ® LF

6. Daniel Nava (S) RF

7. Brandon Snyder ® 1B

8. David Ross ® C

9. Will Middlebrooks ® 3B

Jon Lester - LHP (15-7, 3.67 ERA, 1.27 WHIP)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

1. Brian Roberts (S) 2B

2. J.J. Hardy ® SS

3. Chris Davis (L) 1B

4. Adam Jones ® CF

5. Matt Wieters (S) C

6. Danny Valencia ® 3B

7. Nick Markakis (L) RF

8. Steve Pearce ® DH

9. Jason Pridie (L) LF

Wei-Yin Chen - LHP (7-7, 4.03 ERA, 1.30 WHIP)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I loved the Queen pick at the time.  He was the guy I wanted.  In hindsight, one of those receivers would’ve been nice. 
    • Well, the highest scores weren’t that good compared to most weeks  
    • Here’s the thing though..Hamilton was thought of, by many, as a top 5 player in the draft and he dropped back they questioned his speed/range late in the process. Queen was a guy who was viewed as a young, undersized Lber who needed to develop. Many thought he was the best LBer but still a borderline first round pick. I didn’t love the pick because of the position. But that being said, where else should they have gone?  Who was the guy you wanted at that time? I wanted a WR and wanted them to trade up for Lamb and then I was interested in Jefferson.  This is where I wish they would be more aggressive. But in terms of guys who went after him?  Pittman and Huggins have been good but I don’t recall wanting them with our first rounder.  There was talk of Epenesa and you could have justified Winfield Jr and I remember liking Xavier McKinney.  He was mentioned by many as a top 25ish pick.  
    • Anyone know what Queen’s PFF score was yesterday?  It might’ve been the worst game by a linebacker that I’ve ever seen. 
    • And all of this is why I don’t think you can assume he will be an elite defender next year. Sure, guys develop and they do it on different schedules and yes, the Orioles may just know how to develop defense better than other teams. But still, when a player has a history of X, they tend to revert back to that. As I said, I think it’s fair to think he gives you above average defense next year. I do think it’s wrong to ASSUME elite level defense.
    • I’m traumatized by Patrick Queen. 
    • In the Bills previous 10 games (including postseason), they have had gone over 350 yards in 9 of them and 8 of them were over 400 yards. In this game, the Ravens held them to 328 yards, which is the second fewest over that time period.    They also let up the second fewest points in a game over that time period, only bested by the 19 Miami let you last year. The defense may have struggled at the end but they played well overall and certainly good enough to win. And they did this without Houston, who is the best pass rusher on the team.
  • Popular Contributors