I don't understand the "sky is falling" mentality...

SamsHorn

Had to find this one. In hindsight, my rant was a over the top and incorrect in some respects (Angels are sitting pretty right now with their splashy free agent contracts and all). However, as I sort of predicted, Seattle is on the outside looking in despite some really big acquisitions. So are the Yankees, despite their acquisition of Tanaka, et al.

Spending $$$$$ does not = playing meaningful baseball in September and October. To that end - my post was right.

But, the sky wasn't falling then...and now the sky is the limit for this ball club.

Go O's.

93hornt.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No worries as Webbrick is always here to rain on everyone's parade after a loss or injury or when someone we traded performs well (even the ones he never liked and wanted traded).

There are plenty of us sunshine supermen to drown out the artful dodgers.

Anyone ever notice how active MSK is in the offseason and when we struggle, but is nowhere to be found when we're 24 games over .500 and leading the division by 9.5 games?

I've been around all season. I've posted all season.

The one thing I haven't done is get caught up in the many arguments that popped up this year. I'm enjoying the season.

MSK

I've been around all season. I've posted all season.

The one thing I haven't done is get caught up in the many arguments that popped up this year. I'm enjoying the season.

MSK

I can tell. And that is why I jumped to your defense. I appreciate the candor. It's been a fun year hasn't it?

I can tell. And that is why I jumped to your defense. I appreciate the candor. It's been a fun year hasn't it?

I appreciate that.

It's still interesting to note how many people carry a grudge at someone who was pissed off back when the Orioles sucked because the FO wouldn't make necessary changes.

Yes, I was angry and bitter between 2006-2011 but why wouldn't I be upset? I love the team and hated the fact that we were horrible at a time when the Red Sox and Yankees dominated the division.

This year has been awesome. Plain and simple. If we play the Angels in the ALCS I will be in Anaheim for every possible game. :)

MSK

I appreciate that.

It's still interesting to note how many people carry a grudge at someone who was pissed off back when the Orioles sucked because the FO wouldn't make necessary changes.

Yes, I was angry and bitter between 2006-2011 but why wouldn't I be upset? I love the team and hated the fact that we were horrible at a time when the Red Sox and Yankees dominated the division.

This year has been awesome. Plain and simple. If we play the Angels in the ALCS I will be in Anaheim for every possible game. :)

MSK

MSK, I'm not picking a fight, I swear it. I'm ecstatic that you're on board and having fun!

That said, I was responding to your message from December of last year, 2 years into our winning run, when you were STILL bad mouthing Angelos and Duquette for their "lack of moves." So spare us the "I haven't been critical since we sucked" routine.

MSK, I'm not picking a fight, I swear it. I'm ecstatic that you're on board and having fun!

That said, I was responding to your message from December of last year, 2 years into our winning run, when you were STILL bad mouthing Angelos and Duquette for their "lack of moves." So spare us the "I haven't been critical since we sucked" routine.

Yes. I was also upset during the offseason. So what?

You said earlier that I was "nowhere to be found" now that the O's are doing well, but I've been around all season. I've mainly refrained from getting involved in pointless online p-ssing matches with folks I'll never meet or befriend. I've had a very busy year in my career so snarking at other Orioles fans is a very low priority in my life.

I think this might be our year.

MSK

So, as Dipper stated, you were being disingenuous with your assertion that you were "bitter and angry between 2006 and 2011," when in fact, you had not changed your tune in 2012 or 2013, either.

OFFNY

Luckily, I have some free time today so I will engage in the semantic tomfoolery some members of the OH enjoy so much.

So for your edification:

1) I fully admit I was unreasonably angry about the Orioles sucking between 2006-2011. You know why? Most of my friends were die-hard Yankees or Red Sox fans and rubbed the Orioles' W/L record in my face for about ten straight seasons from 2001 on. The lack of improvement (except for that momentary blip in 2005) drove me crazy.

2) I was angry this past offseason, but not unreasonably so, I only wanted DD to sign a big bat (which he did) and two TOR starters (which he did not). One of my sticking points from the dark times was the lack of signing a big bat and when we did to supplement our core, that guy - Nelson Cruz - practically carried the team during the early portions of the 2014 season. I maintain we should have made better FA signings in the past but that's the past. (note: And I realize we only got Cruz because he was at the end of his rope and wanted to redeem himself because of the biogenesis nonsense).

3) Show me where in 2013 that I was ranting as badly as the past? In 2012, I remember being shocked that the Orioles were doing well and I went to as many games as I could that season (despite living in Los Angeles).

4) What was I being disingenuous about exactly?

MSK

o

I've let myself get drawn into another one of these unwinnable situations.

I'm deleting my previous 3 posts, and removing myself from this dispute.

I'll eventually get it right, and not comment at all in the first place.

Dude, there's no dispute.

I was called out for no apparent reason and you co-signed with the caller. lol

:smile11:

There's no beef here - total vegan zone.

MSK

Archived