Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colon would be TOR. He did finish 6th in the Cy Young voting. He's a pretty good 2. We wouldn't have an ace (but how many are there in MLB?)but we'd have two 2's (Tillman, Colon) and two 3's (Chen, Gonzo).

Colon is 41 and link to Roids, so I really don't think its reasonable to even court him.

as Tony-OH would say, this is a discussion board. If we don't discuss things, pretty boring place it would be.

You can discuss anything you want. But the posting of the million rumors that occurs serves no purpose. Do you know how few of the rumors actually turn out to have any merit? If you want to discuss which free agents you think the Orioles should sign I all for it. I am just tired of reading rumor after rumor about player that someone states the Orioles are in on only to hear from the Orioles brass that they have never made an offer to any of them. Just put all the rumors on a seperate forum or put them in one thread.

You can discuss anything you want. But the posting of the million rumors that occurs serves no purpose. Do you know how few of the rumors actually turn out to have any merit? If you want to discuss which free agents you think the Orioles should sign I all for it. I am just tired of reading rumor after rumor about player that someone states the Orioles are in on only to hear from the Orioles brass that they have never made an offer to any of them. Just put all the rumors on a seperate forum or put them in one thread.

Doesn't know Chen.

Signs Chen.

I am not sure that Balfour is better than Jim Johnson.

You have to figure Oakland big ball park into the equation.

Away from home for the last two years, here are Balfour's numbers.

Record 0-5, ERA 3.99, IP 58.2, ER 26, Saves 31, Save Opps 34, WHIP 1.328

The 31 for34 save Opportunties is good. 91%.

However, Camden Yards as his home park could effect things.

One thing for sure. I don't want Perez or Axford.

My guess is 2/14 with a realistic option year to put it to 3/21. Maybe finish 50 games over the first two years of the deal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Mariners interested in free agent reliever Fernando Rodney. He has a good relationship with Lloyd McClendon from time in DET.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">December 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One chair left?

Thanks for posting.

Strikeouts don't know what park they are in.

I get the impression some posters don't watch most of the games. Not blaming them, just commenting. I love baseball on TV, but can understand how many don't.

I am not sure what you are getting at, but I watch the Orioles on the mlb package almost every day that they are on. Unless that was directed at the poster's comment that I quoted which was "Originally Posted by SilentJames View Post

He also led the league in saves as well as appearances. If the Orioles' offense had done a slightly better job JJ might not have been as exposed as he was."

At any rate, I was not comfortable at all when JJ came in to close games.

I am not sure what you are getting at, but I watch the Orioles on the mlb package almost every day that they are on. Unless that was directed at the poster's comment that I quoted which was "Originally Posted by SilentJames View Post

He also led the league in saves as well as appearances. If the Orioles' offense had done a slightly better job JJ might not have been as exposed as he was."

At any rate, I was not comfortable at all when JJ came in to close games.

Billy Beane does not watch actual baseball games.

I love how posters like to save money that isn't theirs:)

One of my least favorite OH arguments ever. In a perfect world we would have a $300 million payroll, but we don't. The posters who consider how money is spent understand that reality.

Archived