Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has been the perfect fit all along. But I just can't see it at the numbers the reporters have been throwing around (assuming a $100 millionish payroll)

Choo is not possibly going to happen. Not one single source links the Orioles as even being in talks with Choo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Grant Balfour to Baltimore seemed inevitable at times this week, but one source says there?s ?nothing immediate? to report. <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSports1">@FOXSports1</a></p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">December 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Grant Balfour to Baltimore seemed inevitable at times this week, but one source says there?s ?nothing immediate? to report. <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSports1">@FOXSports1</a></p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="
">December 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Balfour not coming to Baltimore seems inevitable.

-Ommaculate

Kubel has a better chance of doing something than Reimold.

Given a whole healthy year, I think Reimold out performs Kubel. Getting an entire healthy season is less than a 50/50 chance IMO, but I still believe Reimold has a bigger upside. Reimold has frustrated Os fans to the max, including myself, and I think the Os should have jumped on a minor league deal with Kubel because there is little to no risk in that.

How does "nothing immediate" mean a deal will be done this evening?

Actually my first reaction when seeing this was "this is typical DD when something is about to go down".....he's done it a few times, like bringing Manny up...bringing Bundy up....says no way then next day it happens.

Boras is trying to create a war between TEX and HOUS, to drive his price up. TEX has the CRUZ card to play against that. HOUS would be insane to spend all that money one player. I think TEX signs Choo for less than 7 years and Cruz will be left for the O's to consider at less than 4/60M

Boras is trying to create a war between TEX and HOUS, to drive his price up. TEX has the CRUZ card to play against that. HOUS would be insane to spend all that money one player. I think TEX signs Choo for less than 7 years and Cruz will be left for the O's to consider at less than 4/60M

If the O's get Cruz at the numbers you mention will you think that a good signing for the O's?

Given a whole healthy year, I think Reimold out performs Kubel. Getting an entire healthy season is less than a 50/50 chance IMO, but I still believe Reimold has a bigger upside. Reimold has frustrated Os fans to the max, including myself, and I think the Os should have jumped on a minor league deal with Kubel because there is little to no risk in that.
10 years from now some people will be saying Reimold can put up good numbers once he recovers from his artificial hip emplacement.

Great movie and accurate reference. Rep coming.

Really Kubel is making you tap out..

I mean this guy???

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kubelja01.shtml

Of the options left(Hafner, Ibanez, Scott, etc.), he was far and away the best choice, IMO. Of course that's not saying much. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Not a single one of those guys brings much of anything to the table are certainly nothing to write home about. Nate mcclouth would have been a better sign than anyone of those

Except they all have a track record of hitting RHPs pretty well and would've filled our gaping hole for a LH DH. McLouth has nothing to do with it- he would've/could've filled the LH LF/leadoff hole.

Kubel has a better chance of doing something than Reimold.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Reimold is the plan at DH. And that's pretty darn alarming.

And the fact that he can't hit left-handed pitching. That's somewhat important in a division that currently includes Price, Moore, Lester, and Sabathia.

.347 OBP vs. LHPs last year, .340 for his career. I could definitely live with that for a leadoff hitter.

Archived