Jimenez is an Oriole

Dipper9

Are you happy Jiminez is an Oriole  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Jiminez is an Oriole

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This move may not work out, but we had to take the chance. You don't get better when you stand pat. I prefer him to Ervin Santana, who I would see just getting lit up in Camden Yards. And 12 mil a year is not breaking the bank (not even close) in today's market.

I'm sick of hearing about the lost pick. Middle first round draft picks are a crap shoot. More likely than not the player we would have selected would not make a significant impact at the MLB level.

I think he does make the team better, but I'm not too happy with the contract size/pick loss. I would have rather had Santana. That being said, I really hope i eat crow.

Garza was my guy. Also like the idea of signing J Santana or Nieman has later 2014 lottery tickets. Preferred Santana too but you gotta trust the player evaluation. We are just fans. Let's hope we are wrong.

Just this afternoon, I was in the "lets go to war with what we got" camp. This signing however has changed my mood, and I am now ready to drop a 2nd rounder on Morales and really go to war with the rest of the East.

That sure would shock baseball... I'm with you though .

Nice move for the Orioles.

Just this afternoon, I was in the "lets go to war with what we got" camp. This signing however has changed my mood, and I am now ready to drop a 2nd rounder on Morales and really go to war with the rest of the East.

Same here, Dipper. It's crazy how quickly things can change.

Jimenez was my choice over Santana, but I could see the argument for either. In any case, I like our chances this year a lot better now - especially if Wallace can get is walk rate down a little.

Yep. Obviously the deal is a risk, but the potential payoff could be gigantic, too.

Archived