Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nelson Cruz physical going on now. Announced signing expected tomorrow. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Press conference likely Tuesday</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">February 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

Chris Davis about Cruz

"He's good, man. He's a big guy, a goofy guy, has a lot of fun. I think a lot of times he can come off as being kind of careless, but he really enjoys the game and I think it's something that's important for everybody to remember. I think there were times last year when we were a little tight maybe because of expectations. I think two years ago, one of the biggest things we had going for us was we didn't really care. We had kind of that glazed over eye look. We were enjoying the moment, enjoying being part of it. But Nellie has a good time. He plays really hard. And I think he can really help us out. I think the last couple of years have been, in my mind, productive years for us, Obviously last year, not making the postseason was tough, but we're headed in the right direction. You see that the club has really stepped up the last couple of weeks. I said something yesterday, kind of joking around, 'Man, we're getting really serious about this World Series thing,' and I think we are. I think it's a good sign to show that the front office and the players are on the same page."

The guy with a bad shoulder who won't be ready to throw a ball for half the year.

Right! Sign him now! Worth a shot... $1MM/1yr. with $5MM incentives, option at $11MM. AL East parks demand strong LHP. I'd rather have a good righty than an OK lefty, but lefthanded pitching comes at a premium, especially considering the ballpark effects in this division.

Joe Benigno of WFAN (Mets fan) said that Cruz to the Orioles for $8 Million was a steal.

He expects Cruz to hit at least 30 HR's this season with O.P.A.C.Y. being his home field.

MASN says Cruz passed his physical.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2014/02/leftovers-for-breakfast-20.html

If someone else already posted this I didn't see it and I'm sorry if it was.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cruz will not work out today. Os still working on a few things.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

here we goooooooooooooo

Count me in as being glad we have a guy that will watch his home runs like a jerk. LOL. We face so many guys that do that, now we finally have one. It's way more fun when it's your guy.

Yeah, and it's only a one year deal so I hope he gets to pose about 40 times. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Contrato de Nelson Cruz con <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> planchado y empacado. Conferencia martes a 9 am antes de pr?cticas en Sarasota</p>— Enrique Rojas/ESPN (@Enrique_Rojas1) <a href="

Google Translate:

Nelson Cruz # contract with Orioles ironing and packing. Conference to 9 am Tuesday before practice in Sarasota

Look, for one year and $8 million, Cruz should be a good deal for the Orioles. He moves from one good home run park to another, and there's no such thing as a bad one-year contract (other than the risk of losing that draft pick). But Gardner got $52 million because he's the better all-around player.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/44613/brett-gardner-versus-nelson-cruz

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>To make room for Cruz on the 40-man roster, LHP Chris Jones has been designated for assignment.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

Archived