Heyman: Cruz and O's agree on deal (1 - $8M)

SoBo

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supposedly the "inventor" of the curveball.
Candy Cummings

(Btw what a stripper name.)

Yeah, you're right. Clamshell Cummings. Mixed 'em up.

Mordecai still had a wicked curve, though.

He probably would have been a farmer or a factory worker if the childhood accident had not happened.

Just to catch myself up on the debate: are people so firmly opposed to this move for strictly moral reasons (ie, we don't want someone who used PEDs in our team), or for practical reasons (Cruz isn't worth 8m year, and his production is likely to drop off without PEDs)?

There will be tons who know more about this than me, but my basic intuition would be that coming off PEDs probably isn't going to affect his performance too much, as he's already gained the muscle that led to the performance bump in the first place, over the last ______ years he's been taking them, and it should be relatively easy to maintain such muscle, or at least to the point where he's not going to see a major drop-off in production...

I also assume this would be the thinking of DD and other experts who know a lot more about sports science/sports analytics than I do, hence why they've gone ahead with the signing, but again, I am not informed on the debate and am totally open to evidence that contradicts me.

Just to catch myself up on the debate: are people so firmly opposed to this move for strictly moral reasons (ie, we don't want someone who used PEDs in our team), or for practical reasons (Cruz isn't worth 8m year, and his production is likely to drop off without PEDs)?

There will be tons who know more about this than me, but my basic intuition would be that coming off PEDs probably isn't going to affect his performance too much, as he's already gained the muscle that led to the performance bump in the first place, over the last ______ years he's been taking them, and it should be relatively easy to maintain such muscle, or at least to the point where he's not going to see a major drop-off in production...

I also assume this would be the thinking of DD and other experts who know a lot more about sports science/sports analytics than I do, hence why they've gone ahead with the signing, but again, I am not informed on the debate and am totally open to evidence that contradicts me.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

This isn't how steroids work. Use it or lose it.

On the other hand Cruz never tested positive for anything he was just in the biogenesis stuff. We have no idea what exactly he was taking or when am it's hard to predict his future based in PEDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't how steroids work. Use it or lose it.

On the other hand Cruz never tested positive for anything he was just in the biogenesis stuff. We have no idea what exactly he was taking or when am it's hard to predict his future based in PEDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2439525/

Sorry for that crappy website...

Interestingly, long-term steroid usage also enhances the frequency of fibres with centrally located myonuclei, which implies the occurrence of a high regenerative activity. Under the action of testosterone, some daughter cells generated by satellite cell proliferation may escape differentiation and return to quiescence, which help to replenish the satellite cell reserve pool.

Archived