Buck: Nellie will Play LF Against Lefties, At least

BillySmith

For the record I don't think he is quite at the "Butcher" level. He is much more at the Nick solidly below average level.

In right field, I would assume he would be similar to Nick. And make no mistake, that noodle arm of McLouth cost runs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think Nick is going to play all of the games? Could it be possibled that Lough goes into RF against some tough lefties, Cruz in LF, Young DH and Nick gets some time off? We also question Cruz in LF, but didn't we question Reynolds at 1B, Davis in RF when Markakis was injured and also Davis at 1B? We must have some good defensive coaches.

If Cruz is happy and productive its good for the O's. The man has hardly ever DHed in his career. 31 games in 804 games played over 9 years. If Buck can find a way to get him productive at DH half time he will be doing a good job.

Cruz should be happy someone gave him a job after he turned down the QO.

And I am one of them. Nick has not been healthy for two years. Lets see how he looks in the field this year before we bury the man.
Nobody's burying the man. Nick seems to be a sure handed OF who catches everything he gets to and makes strong accurate throws to the right base and cut off men. He just doesn't get to as many balls as other RF. You can pretty much say the same for Cruz, so if you want to call him a butcher who should never be in the field you have to say the same for Nick.

Any decision that results in Cruz in the outfield for anything other than a spot start or a periodic start is a bad one. I'd rather have Reimold or Pearce out there defensively when Lough isn't going to play.
I'd prefer Pearce but not Reimold. Then I guess you just want spot starts for Markakis as well?

Nobody's burying the man. Nick seems to be a sure handed OF who catches everything he gets to and makes strong accurate throws to the right base and cut off men. He just doesn't get to as many balls as other RF. You can pretty much say the same for Cruz, so if you want to call him a butcher who should never be in the field you have to say the same for Nick.

Well, I haven't called Cruz a butcher, so we can get rid of that right now.

See how fast you are dealing with back pain. I want to see how Nick looks this year.

Well, I haven't called Cruz a butcher, so we can get rid of that right now.

See how fast you are dealing with back pain. I want to see how Nick looks this year.

I've been lucky, I have never had any back problems, don't know why you mention that.

I've been lucky, I have never had any back problems, don't know why you mention that.

If you know anyone who has had back problems then you know they can't function at there best while their back is hurting. Nick had back problems last year that played through. Not a good time to assess his range. Let's see what he does this year.

If you know anyone who has had back problems then you know they can't function at there best while their back is hurting. Nick had back problems last year that played through. Not a good time to assess his range. Let's see what he does this year.

That would carry more water for me if Nick's decline in range had not been going on for a number of years.

Archived