Orioles, Rays and Mets all talking to Mariners about Nick Franklin

Greg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schoop may end up at 3B longterm, so pursuing Franklin is a good idea. E-Rod for Frankin is fair. I'd love to swipe him for less than that if Seattle is under the impression that they need guys that can help RIGHT NOW.

I wonder if Schoop plays at AAA or at least starts there in a scenario in which we acquire Franklin. Or, if Manny isn't ready for the opener, Schoop starts at 3B and goes back down when Manny is ready.

I wonder if Schoop plays at AAA or at least starts there in a scenario in which we acquire Franklin. Or, if Manny isn't ready for the opener, Schoop starts at 3B and goes back down when Manny is ready.

If they acquire Franklin, I think he'd be the favorite to start at 2B on OD, with Schoop at AAA to get a little more experience and Flaherty/Gonzalez to cover 3B until Manny is ready.

True. I guess what I was saying is that if they were to acquire him, that seems to be the more likely direction. You're right, though, part of the math that DD has to do in working out the Hardy extension is evaluating what alternative options would cost/likely produce. Good point!

Lots of irons in the fire.

I am currently in the TSA line awaiting our trip to Ireland-this board is passing the time:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather that money go to Davis and get Franklin cheap. But that's just me.

I like Hardy's veteranosity. (I know.) I also think Pa's pursestrings have opened up now and going forward, if DD wants to next year. Opinions vary of course. :P

Maybe Schoop moves to short. Or Flaherty. I am surprised at no Hardy extension myself.

IMO I think the Orioles got the best years out of Hardy. No need to give him 3 for 40m.

Archived