Jarrod Parker needs Tommy John surgery again.

Greg

And the odds of a full recovery from a second surgery are no where near as good.

MLB Tonight was saying there's only a 20-30% chance of full recovery from a second surgery, compared to a 90-95% probability of recovery from the first surgery. Wow, didn't expect it to be anywhere near that low.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Only if you subscribe to AppleTV+
    • The facility just opened this spring/winter. You’d have to think having that open will help the initial development in addition to helping with getting bigger names signed. I get we want to see results, but I think with that facility just opening, perhaps the leash is and should be a bit longer than is somewhat implied here. At the very least, they facility has to factor into the analysis. 
    • I agree with these comments.  I’m willing to be patient and wait to see how all of 2024 unfolds, especially with the youngest guys at Delmarva.  How they finish the year is more important than how they start.   I did look the other day to see whether the number of 19-year olds we have is unusual.  The answer is no - maybe slightly more than average but there are several teams with as many or more than Delmarva.   By the way, in addition to not hitting well, their defense is atrocious, second worst in the Carolina League in both errors and unearned runs, and a long way from the league averages.   49 errors compared to league average 37, 38 unearned runs compared to league average 24.    Ugh.     
    • The one bad assumption people make about 1-run records is that a good late inning bullpen crew should automatically lead to a better record. Sure, the good bullpen will protect more 1 run leads and give you more 1 run wins that way. But a worse bullpen may start the 9th with a 2 or 3 run lead and given up a run or two, so you win by 1 run.   So a bad bullpen can also lead to more 1 run wins.  The Orioles bullpen failure Saturday night gave us a 1 run win which improved our record in 1 run games.   If Kimbrel had been lights out, we would have had one LESS 1 run win. 1-run wins aren't just games where you lead by a run and hold on because your bullpen pitches well.   They are also games where you lead by more and your pitching allows the opponent to get to within 1 run. Similarly, 1 run losses are not all the result of bad bullpen.   Maybe you are a run behind in the 7th, and you lose by 1 run because your good pen doesn't let the opponent add any more, and you don't score.   Whereas a worse bullpen, you might have given up runs in the 8th and 9th lost by > 1 run.   So you get an extra 1-run loss on your record BECAUSE your bullpen is good in that case. These situations all muddy the water when it comes to 1-run win%.   There is not necessarily a correlation between bullpen strength and 1-run game win% because of all the different ways a game can wind up a 1 run game.   We tend to focus on the single case of "1-run lead in the 9th" where having a good bullpen will obviously make your 1-run record better.   But those games are actually a small % of the cases.
    • It’s gotta be extra fun to get hosed down by the club owner.  That will even be worth a few lol when watching on tv. Loved the Rubensplash tweet as well.   This guy is after my heart.  lol
    • It really is. That’s a big part of the reason I tend to call out overly negative threads and posts. How could anyone be anything less than over the moon these days about this entire organization, given what we’ve all been through as fans over the years?  It’s almost too good to be true. Bitching about Santander batting 4th in a lineup filled with studs (for example) is truly first world baseball problem stuff. I’m getting more and more used to living in the first world and I like it!
    • CF Gunnar?      That seems a lot more far fetched than CF Holliday which is probably unlikely to happen as well.   IMO, the difference between Henderson and Holliday at SS would be significant.  Not sure about CF but the speed is the same according to Savant.   Henderson isn’t moving from SS for a long, long time.  His defense is underrated by some around here. 
  • Popular Contributors