Schoop - The Blessing.

Ommaculate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to say, sending Schoop down is not about cost control. It's not financial. Actually if we have him for the extra year he will be more expensive. This is ALL about having him for an extra year. One whole extra year. That is extremely important to me.

Missing a month on the ML team won't make a bit of difference for our chances this year because we have plenty of other capable players.

Schoop is the blessing in disguise ......

No, no, no, this I can't believe ......

Schoop's gonna tear our hearts apart .......

No, no, no, nay will he deceive.

The ONLY Beatles song with the word "nay"in it. But then, it wasn't written by them.

How about this? In 1962, this song appeared on the, READY? … THE ORIOLE LABEL !!!

I know a lot about the Beatles, but I didn't know that.

Thanks, Roy. :cool:

Schoop is the blessing in disguise ......

No, no, no, this I can't believe ......

Schoop's gonna tear our hearts apart .......

No, no, no, nay will he deceive.

The ONLY Beatles song with the word "nay"in it. But then, it wasn't written by them.

How about this? In 1962, this song appeared on the, READY?… THE ORIOLE LABEL !!!

Excellent cover here:

Oo

[video=youtube;z0OHwyhtuRQ]

o

JONATHAN RUFINO JEZUS SCHOOP

Well, "The Blessing" was the target of many Oriole fans' ire a few days ago, right after back-to-back losses to the Red Sox on Saturday and Sunday.

He has been error-free in the last two games, but he is 1-for-16 with 1 R.B.I. from the plate since he demolished the Red Sox on Friday (4-for-5, 2 doubles, 1 run scored, and 2 R.B.I.'s).

It certainly has felt like a roller coaster ride with our talented, young infielder in the first 19 games of the season.

Well, "The Blessing" was the target of many Oriole fans' ire a few days ago, right after back-to-back losses to the Red Sox on Saturday and Sunday.

He has been error-free in the last two games, but he is 1-for-16 with 1 R.B.I. from the plate since he demolished the Red Sox on Friday (4-for-5, 2 doubles, 1 run scored, and 2 R.B.I.'s).

It certainly has felt like a roller coaster ride with our talented, young infielder in the first 19 games of the season.

"The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores." -- Al McGuire, former Marquette basketball coach and TV analyst

I don't believe that to be true.

You think Strop was hurt?

I think teams sometime use the DL for purposes for which it was not intended.

Strop said himself, he was hurt.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-05-25/sports/bal-orioles-place-reliever-pedro-strop-on-15day-disabled-list-recall-steve-johnson-20130525_1_pedro-strop-manny-machado-steve-johnson

To expect any different from a rookie player is irrational. I bet the Red Sox were hoping Bogaerts and Bradley could step in and provide every day production. That was a mistake on their part if they did. Until Manny comes back though he may be the best option they have at 3rd.

To expect any different from a rookie player is irrational. I bet the Red Sox were hoping Bogaerts and Bradley could step in and provide every day production. That was a mistake on their part if they did. Until Manny comes back though he may be the best option they have at 3rd.

Spot on, he is a rookie and people keep forgetting that.

We got spoiled by Manny getting promoted and playing as great as he did.

To expect any different from a rookie player is irrational.

I don't expect anything different from Schoop, although I hope that he can at least improve on his defense as the season progresses.

Force feed him a starter and hope that he gradually improves all facets of his game, similar to what the Tigers did with outfielder Ron LeFlore in 1974 and 1975, before he blossomed into a full-fledged star in 1976.

Archived