Bryce Harper - LF

Ian Desmond - SS

Wilson Ramos - C

Kevin Frandsen - 2B

Giovany Gonzalez - RHP (6-4, 3.52 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

5.67 innings, 3 runs.

0 walks, 6 strikeouts.

Good strikes-to-balls ratio (62 Strikes, 27 Balls.)

9-3 W-L record, 4.15 E.R.A.

The Orioles are 11-7 in the 18 games that Chen has started this season.

5.67 innings, 3 runs.

0 walks, 6 strikeouts.

Not his best stuff but good enough and that is what matters tonight :) woot!

5.67 innings, 3 runs.

0 walks, 6 strikeouts.

Not his best stuff but good enough and that is what matters tonight :) woot!

Chen is 3rd in the league in run support among starting pitchers.

I'm so glad that Chen is basically getting paid like a decent bullpen pitcher, but he's been a pretty good starting pitcher instead. I'd love to see him go six or seven innings more consistently, but I think we pick up his option next year without thinking twice. If Chen is your 4-5, than you have a good batch of starters. The guy just knows how to maximize his talent, so he's easy to root for.

So tired of Chen and his 5th/6th inning struggles. Instead of a six man rotation we should have him go 4 or 5 and let Miggy take over. Would be a nice LHP/RHP combo to offset the lineup too. They could conceivably throw an inning or two in relief between "starts." I think someone else mentioned this idea. I think it makes sense.

So tired of Chen and his 5th/6th inning struggles. Instead of a six man rotation we should have him go 4 or 5 and let Miggy take over. Would be a nice LHP/RHP combo to offset the lineup too. They could conceivably throw an inning or two in relief between "starts." I think someone else mentioned this idea. I think it makes sense.

Chen has 9 wins. Chen is a left handed league average pitcher on a very good team.

• 2 weeks later...
o

OAKLAND ATHLETICS O (JULY 19th)

Coco Crisp - DH

Craig Gentry - CF

Yoenis Cespedes - LF

Josh Donaldson - 3B

Derek Norris - C

Jed Lowrie - SS

Brandon Moss - RF

Nate Freeman - 1B

Nick Punto - 2B

Jason Hammel - RHP (8-6, 3.01 ERA) *

* CHICAGO CUBSO (8-5, 2.98 ERA) OOOOO OAKLAND ATHLETICSO (0-1, 3.60 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

In his career vs. the Athletics, Chen has:

GAMES: 4

W-L: 3-0

ERA: 1.00

WHIP: 0.889

BB: 8

SO: 25

OPPONENT'S BATTING:

AVG: .167

OBP: .238

SLG: .271

OPS: .509

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=chenwe02&year=Career&t=p

Chen is a number 5 pitcher on a team that has given him a ton of run support, including tonight. His hits to innings ratio is poor. His lack of getting into the 6th or 7th inning continues to be frustrating. Since the Boston outing on June 11th he has struggled. I don't count Texas as a quality team. His home run ratio the last few starts is alarming.

That really was not a good start by Chen. 5 innings and puttering out towards the end really is unacceptable. Going into tonight he was averaging roughly 5 2/3 IP per start. He was barely lucky to get through 5.

He as facing one of the best teams in the MLB. ill take it. Its not like the bullpen is tired.

He as facing one of the best teams in the MLB. ill take it. Its not like the bullpen is tired.

It's important to remember that. Chen wasn't great, but he didn't cough up the lead, at least, and it's not like he was facing a bad team. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Chen replace Matusz in the 'pen. File that under things that won't happen.

But he also didn't make them really earn it. It's not like they had some great at bats against him, which is really Oakland's hallmark. Chen got in trouble because he served up belt high fastballs all night. That is going to cause you to have a short night against any team.

Playoff type baseball. Chen did what he had to tonight. Brach was huge tonight. Just think he doesn't get all the R vs R 1 out type of outings. He has a 3.34 ERA and has had to take a couple for the team. He's only 4.2 IP behind Webb and basically has the same ERA. He's been really underrated this year.

Archived