2014 Wei-Yin Chen Today

Il BuonO

A consistant Chen is quietly assuming the role as the O's TOR starter. Bub Norris is right behind him in the pecking order. And I think Kevin Gausman showed he is now ready to make his case at the ML level. So who of Tillman, Gonzales and Jiminez steps up next?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A consistant Chen is quietly assuming the role as the O's TOR starter. Bub Norris is right behind him in the pecking order. And I think Kevin Gausman showed he is now ready to make his case at the ML level. So who of Tillman, Gonzales and Jiminez steps up next?

More like Jiminimalinningsperstart, amirite?

But no, seriously. It's Jimenez, and it's been like five months since the O's first signed him.

But no, seriously. It's Jimenez, and it's been like five months since the O's first signed him.

Are you sure it's not Ji-min-ez? You know, like the min-imum amount talent for the maximum amount of dollars? It's harsh I know but he drives me nuts.

It's a shame that the rain delay cut Chen's start short yesterday, having thrown only 87 pitches in 7 innings. It's actually the third time in the last two years that he has had a start cut short in which he was extremely pitch efficient.

5/7/13 - 78 pitches in 6.1 innings, cut short by rain delay.

5/12/13 - 73 pitches in 5.0 innings, cut short by strained oblique.

6/11/14 - 87 pitches in 7.0 innings, cut short by rain delay.

amirite_by_e_n_s-d4fhzi4.jpg

I dunni......RUrite?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSI-rSPyztBpacNgD0j7f-rGwfUdTFd26PT0EIpl1SGvLKtWsH

But no, seriously....my opinion of spell checkers on message boards is......enhanced-buzz-26924-1344525757-15.jpg

:D

But no, seriously....my opinion of spell checkers on message boards is......

:D

IMO, there's a difference between between misspellings of a person's name, and just misspelling a random, hastily typed word. If, for example, posters referred to you as olehippo after you've made 11,000 posts over the span of several years, that might get annoying ;)

It's the guy's name. It isn't difficult to get it right.

IMO, there's a difference between between misspellings of a person's name, and just misspelling a random, hastily typed word. If, for example, posters referred to you as olehippo after you've made 11,000 posts over the span of several years, that might get annoying ;) It's the guy's name. It isn't difficult to get it right.
Well, that is ridiculous. Everyone knows his name is spelled Old Hippie.

IMO, there's a difference between between misspellings of a person's name, and just misspelling a random, hastily typed word. If, for example, posters referred to you as olehippo after you've made 11,000 posts over the span of several years, that might get annoying ;)

It's the guy's name. It isn't difficult to get it right.

I guess this is a point on which you and I differ. Misspellings, typos and other conglomerations of misprocessed verbage on message boards don't bother me....and especially when the often inebriated input occurs late at night or in the early morning hours.

Now if I was a teacher, or an executive reading a report, or some guy on a message board with a particular pet peeve, it might bother me. Thankfully, I am none of them. I'm also not perfect. I was however, a writer and journalist who once worked for the Baltimore Sun. In fact, Roch Kubatko came aboard as a sports reporter while I was there.

I just wanted you to know that, hey!....sometimes sheit happens on a keyboard. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived