2014 Wei-Yin Chen Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm more impressed that he has 2 games in a row, going 8, IIRC.
It was the M's both times. They cant score.

The point is Chen is usually gassed around the 6th inning no matter the pitch count and regardless the competition. Today he was still hitting 94 mph in the 8th. He lost command a little at the end but I'm encouraged by how long he's getting into the game period.

The point is Chen is usually gassed around the 6th inning no matter the pitch count and regardless the competition. Today he was still hitting 94 mph in the 8th. He lost command a little at the end but I'm encouraged by how long he's getting into the game period.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Yeah. Looks like they had a good conditioning program for him and our pitching coach and catcher have probably helped as well.

Let's wait till he faces someone other then the M's.

The M's are a great team on the road, and they've seen Chen twice in a week. Nothing is ever good enough for you. Ever.

Remember this post?

M's are a better road team they can score on the road. Taking 2 from them is gonna be tough.

Let's wait till he faces someone other then the M's.
The M's are a great team on the road, and they've seen Chen twice in a week. Nothing is ever good enough for you. Ever.

Remember this post?

M's are a better road team they can score on the road. Taking 2 from them is gonna be tough.

He's unbelievable, Malike.

If the Orioles and/or the Orioles' starting pitcher lose, they suck.

If the Orioles and/or the Orioles' starting pitcher win(s), THE OTHER TEAM sucked anyway, so the win wasn't that impressive.

A) Predict before the game how likely it is that the Orioles will get their asses kicked.

B) If that fails, just fall back on, "Well, they were a crappy opponent, anyway."

Remember this post?

Yes what's your point? M's had 3 new batters in the lineup last night gonna take time to gel. I stand by what i said i wanna see him do it vs someone else.

Do you know if he is pitching in that series?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gausman vs. Roark Monday in DC. In Toronto, it's Norris vs. Buehrle Tues, Chen vs. Hutchison Wed and Gonzalez vs. Happ Thur.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Remember this in a week when he only goes 5 vs the Blue Jays.
Do you know if he is pitching in that series?

It doesn't matter as long as he isn't always getting deep into games. We've got it covered now.

Starter 5 IP

Hunter 1 IP

Miller 1 IP

O'Day 1 IP

Britton 1 IP

And Brach or McFarland for LR in place of that formula for two innings a piece is a more than acceptable path to get to the end of a game if a starter can't get deep for one game.

The last two months have shown more times than not that our starters are going longer not shorter. Actually, at 5.9 IP per game Chen is at the ML average and second on the team only to Norris at 6.1 IP.

Archived