Kevin Gausman Today, 2014.

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably. And if we had Kershaw pitching today we probably win too. Two can play that game. You roll with your guys and not everybody can be among the very best at what they do like Lough plays OF.

You see, the problem with this is it's not what is being preached throughout the organization. Perhaps you caught the tape of Caleb Joseph being interviewed after last night's game when he had just had his first four hit game. They played it today during the broadcast of the game. You couldn't help notice if you were listening the way Hunter was gushing about how Joseph downplayed his offense to talk about how he was upset with the performance of the bullpen.

Hunter went on to say that the minor league managers now tell the players that the major league manager expects you to be able to play defense if you want to be able to move up. I suspect this is true knowing Buck and from other quotes I have read.

It's a mixed message to send out guys on defense who are below average defenders when you are preaching sound defense throughout the organization.

Good point he is on the team. We rolled with Young today though. With Young we sacrifice defense and with Lough we sacrifice offense. They are two very flawed players.

Except that hasn't been the case since the AS break, he's hit very well. At the very least he should play vs RHP.

He's certainly made the most of those (SSS!!!) 29 ABs ;)

Notwithstanding, do you want Delmon in LF when we have a perfectly good one rotting on the bench? This has been talked about ad nauseum. Lough's defensive value is close to that of what Cruz provides offensively.

He certainly then is worth more than whatever Delmon has given us this year. And I really like whatever that's been. I just don't want him to sniff LF again.

Notwithstanding, do you want Delmon in LF when we have a perfectly good one rotting on the bench? This has been talked about ad nauseum. Lough's defensive value is close to that of what Cruz provides offensively.

He certainly then is worth more than whatever Delmon has given us this year. And I really like whatever that's been. I just don't want him to sniff LF again.

IMO, this is a product of questionable roster composition. Lots of similar players in need of ABs, and several players who play...no matter what, apparently. I'd prefer to see Lough in LF, Cruz at DH, and Davis on the bench when Pearce is healthy, but that's just not the way things are run.

IMO, this is a product of questionable roster composition. Lots of similar players in need of ABs, and several players who play...no matter what, apparently. I'd prefer to see Lough in LF, Cruz at DH, and Davis on the bench when Pearce is healthy, but that's just not the way things are run.

Well, yes.

Complaint department?

Who plays 3rd?

Archived