I've seen enough defensive goofs from Schoop

FanSince88

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it a disgrace that you have an alleged major leaguer who is so inept in his positioning to not know where she should be on a play or if he is to cut off a throw. However, I also find it unbelievable that Buck Showalter would be playing a guy at third base without this proper knowledge.

So he is every bit as much to blame as is Schoop and all of Schoop's coaches from high school on up. This is as bad as having a kid in college show up to class and he doesn't read past a sixth grade level. How did he get that far in the first place, and who is at fault?

Or Buck has a better understanding of the situation than a bunch of (rightfully) angry fans who are watching their team blow important divisional games.

Or Buck has a better understanding of the situation than a bunch of (rightfully) angry fans who are watching their team blow important divisional games.

I like Buck, but he is not infallible. If he was, he wouldn't have been fired so many times.

He's not infallible, to be sure. But he is right headed on this count.

I just don't think so. I would probably put Flaherty at third, Lombardazi at short and Schoop at second until Hardy and/or Manny return. That weakens the lineup but should kill most of those costly errors.

I just don't think so. I would probably put Flaherty at third, Lombardazi at short and Schoop at second until Hardy and/or Manny return. That weakens the lineup but should kill most of those costly errors.

You'd be a maverick. Lombardozzi has played only 2 games at SS out of 203 games.

My two cents.

I think those looking at Schoop and assigning blame are not looking in the right place.

The young man has not been put into a situation in which he could excel.

This young man, despite some mixed reviews, is not a wizard with the glove.

Buck keeps putting him out there at third, where he doesn't look ready.

The FO decided that he wouldn't play any third base for the organization in 2012 or 2013.

Of course he is struggling at third.

Machado was nearly a savant over there.

My two cents.

I think those looking at Schoop and assigning blame are not looking in the right place.

The young man has not been put into a situation in which he could excel.

This young man, despite some mixed reviews, is not a wizard with the glove.

Buck keeps putting him out there at third, where he doesn't look ready.

The FO decided that he wouldn't play any third base for the organization in 2012 or 2013.

Of course he is struggling at third.

Machado was nearly a savant over there.

All true, which means Showalter should know better, yet nobody seems to be throwing any blame his way but me...

Archived