Flash Era Coming to an End?

Shabadoo25

Flash went 0-4 in his first 5 G, then he went .278 .395 .361 .756 for the next 12 G. Last night he went 0-4 again. If he gets 3 hits tonight his number will go up again. That's how it is early in the season.

Though I agree, I would not want to bet on Flaherty to get 3 hits in any specific games. It could happen but the odds are against it.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still doesn't make sense. It would make more sense calling him "Flair." Since the Dano said the clubhouse gave him the nickname, I bet he "flashed" someone and if so, I think it is a great nickname. Otherwise, not so much...

While you are figuring out nicknames tell me how you get Buck out of William Nathaniel.

Though I agree, I would not want to bet on Flaherty to get 3 hits in any specific games. It could happen but the odds are against it.
Hell, the odds are against most hitters getting three hits in a single game.

In that case, I would bench every single position player in the major leagues.

If you can't guarantee me 3 hits in 9 innings, you're not playing.

While you are figuring out nicknames tell me how you get Buck out of William Nathaniel.

I don't know, but there must be a story behind it. Maybe it has to do with his personality as he tends to "buck" against whatever would make him more popular in favor of doing what it takes to win games...

I knew a guy nicknamed Buck because he was so excited when he shot his first deer with a bow (it was a buck) he fell out of his tree stand and broke his leg. He was hence known as Buck thereafter....

Flaherty has one 3 hit game so far, two two hit games, and two two BB games, so he could raise his numbers quite a but tonight. He's really not as bad as some want to make him out to be.

I knew a guy nicknamed Buck because he was so excited when he shot his first deer with a bow (it was a buck) he fell out of his tree stand and broke his leg. He was hence known as Buck thereafter....

See, that's funny. You should stay with that.

Archived