Deal not done? Or just covering up????

Oriolesfan2008

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't expect him here at the present time"

Careful wording. I would expect more details to surface tomorrow. The final guys probably haven't been agreed to yet, or nothing has been signed. A lot of trades get done through text messaging, and maybe they have agreed verbally, but not in writing yet.

Careful wording. I would expect more details to surface tomorrow. The final guys probably haven't been agreed to yet, or nothing has been signed. A lot of trades get done through text messaging, and maybe they have agreed verbally, but not in writing yet.

MacPhail says they haven't agreed at all, but now I don't know what to believe.

This is unbelievable. Anyone think it could be that Angelos nixed it?

If something was in place and now is not, the most likely scenario is that one of the other players took their physical already and failed. It would make sense that others would have been examined before Jones since he was playing on another continent.

Why the hell would Adam Jones lie about taking a plane ride to Baltimore. This is just ridiculous. IT IS OBVIOUS he is going for a physical.

Perhaps he misunderstood? Perhaps he read into something he was told? Perhaps Bavasi jumped the gun a bit? Although the seal seems very, very close, MacPhail has gone on record as saying nothing is final..

There is no way a player gets called home from Venezuela to take a physical if all the players in the trade haven't even been agreed to. I did find the wording a little fishy, but I don't think it actually means anything.

Archived