Deal not done? Or just covering up????

Oriolesfan2008

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My girlfriend is literally RUBBING MY SHOULDERS to keep the tension down. Been reading over my shoulder the last 10 mins.

I am going to start praying to aztec sun-gods in a second to make sure that this deal gets done.

damn yous interwebs!!

Youth is clearly wasted on the young. ;) Find a more suitable location for a "rubdown;" the final news can wait until morning.

Perhaps Angelos did nix the deal because the deal was the heavily rumored jones/Tillman/Sherrill/minorL.

Interesting.

On MLBTR it says Jim Street beleives the M's will send Jones/Tillman/Sherrill/minorL.

Exciting. I'd be an Angelos fan forever.

Perhaps Angelos did nix the deal because the deal was the heavily rumored jones/Tillman/Sherrill/minorL.

Interesting.

On MLBTR it says Jim Street beleives the M's will send Jones/Tillman/Sherrill/minorL.

Exciting. I'd be an Angelos fan forever.

I thought you said you weren't happy about that deal either?

Even though both Adam Jones and his winter ball manager, Luis Sojo, said so, the Orioles are denying the outfielder is on his way to Baltimore for a physical.

Mariners spokesman Tim Hevly confirmed that Jones is returning to the U.S., though he wouldn't confirm it was for a physical. The Orioles are steadfastly denying that any deal is done. "We do not have an agreement with the Mariners," president Andy MacPhail said. However, rumors aboud that the Mariners are sending Jones, Chris Tillman, either George Sherrill or Jeff Clement and a fourth player to Baltimore for Bedard.

Youth is clearly wasted on the young. ;) Find a more suitable location for a "rubdown;" the final news can wait until morning.

Don't worry Tony - took care of that earlier. She's just as excited as I am. Wearing her AUTHENTIC 1983 World Series championship hoodie.

OH yes. Authentic.

I win, compare your lives to mine and weep.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings but, if I were a betting man, I'd probably give 10 to 1 odds that the deal is completed in principle, but that they're still working out the details. I don't think that the Mariners would have told Jones to fly back if the deal hadn't been essentially complete.

Too bad! It took a year for Cardinals fans to universally agree that the Dan Haren trade was a disaster, except for one guy who still insists it was a contributing factor to the 2006 World Championship. I'll wait and see before I assess whether the Bedard/Jones trade is a good deal or not. A lot of trades that look good aren't and some that have fans moaning turn out to have been a lot better than was apparent at the time. (e.g., Brock/Broglio)

It's all politics. I'd love to hear a story one day in the future about these FO execs scrolling these websites laughing their asses off about the chaotic responses on these fan sites. It's ridiculous. Today was an amazing day of sports, and it seems as though some of you have missed it- all the while to debate "what is going on"- "who is telling the truth???"

MY TAKE- Angelos- just like any public offical or politician- was pissed that the news leaked- be it bavasi's fault, adam jones own ignorance, or whatever- and just gave about faced denials- and upon slamming the door or phone on whoever was asking for his comment- DEMANDED the name of the sonofa----- who allowed for the trade to leak before it went down. It makes all the sensein th world for macphail NOT TO WANT people to know about a potential trade going down... Too much room for midnight maneuvering by other teams, and/or griping from Orioles fans (not that that influences Macphail.)

I'm sure Macphail is just covering his ass in case it doesn't go down. Either that- or Adam Jones is a clever son of a gun- trying to sabotage the trade with his own pre-emptive words- and play the ignorant card if push comes to shove... hoping he stays in seattle as a result... (i know i know, not true, but u never know)....

Half the game in these trade talks is playing the press to your advantage... Macphail wants people guessing- and he wants any other trade suitors NOT THINKING the door is closed on bedard trade talks- to leave open the possibility of a last minute offer he cant refuse.

Looking forward to tomorrow though that's for sure!

Archived