Need a new closer AND a new manager

vikkt

Stubborn, hard headed Buck ruined my evening, 27000 fans and his teammates as we wait for Justin Verlander to pitch tomorrow. Knowing we needed at least one win in this series why would our manager bring his favorite closer back in a 1-0 game. Why? Why? Why? He is averaging almost 2 runners an inning. Why? Why? Why? If he continues to do this the rest of the season like he shoved JJ down our throats last year and cost us a shot at the playoffs he is going to hear boos like he never heard before. DD and the owner need to have a talk with him and soon. Did everyone know what would happen in the 9th inning including Jim Palmer? He has not had a 1,2,3 inning this season so why gamble tonight? Why? Why? Why? I thought Buck was a smart guy. His postgame comments were lame as well.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To the gallows with them all! (Except Jimenez. And Britton. And O'Day. And Machado. And Markakis. And...)

Buck's not an idiot, I think he'll make the necessary adjustment with Hunter. It was a different situation with Johnson, he had had a good deal of success as a closer, had a track record.

Gotta be Britton, no?

I'm really hoping for this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was blasted the other day for saying Buck manages like a Zombie. He and all the other managers follow the same script.

Unfortunately for the Orioles Hunter is in the final act and Buck won't do a re-write.

Now it looks like everyone has finally had enough of TH. Whadaya know. Ain't the beer cold.

Quick question I didn't see the overturned play which ultimately really hurt us obviously since kinsler fly out would have been 3rd out. was it a good overturn? Did we get screwed? Just curious. I'm in a blackout zone so i only heard it overturned on radio feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the gallows with them all! (Except Jimenez. And Britton. And O'Day. And Machado. And Markakis. And...)

Buck's not an idiot, I think he'll make the necessary adjustment with Hunter. It was a different situation with Johnson, he had had a good deal of success as a closer, had a track record.

Gotta be Britton, no?

I think you give Buck too much credit here. He's stubborn to a fault..Perhaps over loyal,

Buck has done a good job to get us into contention the last three years. But, he has steadfastly stuck to failing closers and failing players in general because he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers. I understand the need for the players to feel comfortable in their roles. I understand the fact that baseball is a game of failure and you can't jerk guys in and out of roles. But, you need a harsh side as a manager as well. Buck has the track record. He won't lose the team if he demotes a veteran or diminishes their role. Forget about tonight, I'm thinking long term. You simply can not sit there and accept mistakes and under performance over and over again. He has taken the patience thing way too far and he will lose the team by not acting as well as acting too quickly. Adam Jones had ball four on a ball that was about to bounce leading off the bottom of the 8th. Great chance for a lead off walk and an insurance run. Will anything be said by the coaches or manager? I can picture Earl Weaver having enough and getting in Adams face. I'm not a big advocate of that type of management but their comes a time when it is necessary. We have absolutely zero of it and I think it's high time we get some.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Someone needs to yell and scream after tonight!

It was an outstanding rant. Thank you.

Tommy isn't going anywhere, going to take a couple more blown saves. Same with the offense, players will not be moved in the order.

Yea let's keep the guy with a 6.60 ERA as our closer. Buck is a good manager but he costs us the playoffs last year with his loyalty to JJ. Hunter cannot close.

I don't know how many of you have played baseball, or any sport for that matter. You can always tell if someone doesn't want to be in a situation. Just look at Hunter and you know he DOES NOT want to be on the mound in these situations. It really is easy to see if you are perceptive.

What is worse though, is that Buck will just keep going to him, just like he did with JJ. Damn, just try someone else for a change. Don't just try to friggin concede every close game.

Gotta be Britton, no?

That would be my call. I still think that if Hunter goes (and he should) Buck eases him out so he has a chance to retain some confidence. He's not a bad pitcher, simply not suited for closer IMO.

Archived