Cruz: one of the dumbest plays I've seen

Ohfan67

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck says steal WAS Cruz's decision. "He saw it, felt it".</p>? Mark Viviano (@MarkWJZ) <a href="
">June 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Watch out for that bus Nelson!

Oops, too late...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis could have easily won this game by pushing a bunt past the pitcher long before Cruz even thought of stealing home. Perhaps that's why Cruz looked so pissed off. Davis had 3 pitches before the steal, bunt it past the GD pitcher, nobody was around. Shame on him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Davis could have easily won this game by pushing a bunt past the pitcher long before Cruz even thought of stealing home. Perhaps that's why Cruz looked so pissed off. Davis had 3 pitches before the steal, bunt it past the GD pitcher, nobody was around. Shame on him.

True..

Looking at that play again, wasn't that a balk?

The pitcher didnt step off the rubber and he never came set, and since there are runners on, that should've been a balk right? His arms never stopped moving so it was a quick pitch. unless the rule changes if the runner is stealing home.

Very good point. Is Davis capable of directional bunting? I really wish a lot more players were.

There's no way I'm turning that around on Davis. Maybe Davis could have lessened the effect of Cruz's idiotic decision, but that attempted steal of home wasn't Nelson's first base running mistake this season...far from it.

The pitcher didnt step off the rubber and he never came set, and since there are runners on, that should've been a balk right? His arms never stopped moving so it was a quick pitch. unless the rule changes if the runner is stealing home.

Did he come set? Very good point.

That was my first thought as well. I wanted to look back at it but didn't get a chance. He never seemed to step off the rubber.

Upon further review I think you could make a good case for a balk. His hands don't look like they ever come set and stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived