Last-minute attempt by O's to sign ace holding up trade

birdsfan4ever

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm trying to figure this extending Bedard thing out. Supposedly, Pieper wants a contract of 6 years at $100 million and Any came back with with a supposed 3 years. Now maybe i'm insane, but i would sign Bedard for 6yr/100 million and leaving the negotiations feeling lucky. If we are rebuilding having him for only 3 years is not long enough, but 6 years is perfect. He'll be 35 by the end of his contract and you'll be having your ace long enough to come back into contention. I think the Orioles are about 3 years away.

If you can't extend him - I think you would have to - But I would still try to get Pie & Gallager

Even if they extended Bedard it just wouldn't make sense to me to keep Roberts, as much as I like him. Keeping Bedard would signal that you're trying to maintain a strong rotation with the hope that Loewen, dCab, Patton and Guthrie could do something special this year. That thinking sounds reasonable to me, although a little farfetched. But keeping Roberts when we could get the kind of talent that's being offered is just bad business. We could improve our defenes and add hitting if we made the deal with the Cubs. Moves that would bolster the strong pitching we are trying to develop.

Not sure. Has Peace21 weighed in yet? I would think if there were serious talks going on with Bedard that he would know about it. I haven't seen anything. If there truly are talks going on, I would say that it's got PA's fingerprints all over it.

Do you think the fact that Peace 21 has not been around suggest that his contact may be talking about a long term deal for Bedard? My GODI'm speculating about a speculator!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Not sure. Has Peace21 weighed in yet? I would think if there were serious talks going on with Bedard that he would know about it. I haven't seen anything. If there truly are talks going on, I would say that it's got PA's fingerprints all over it.

Both Peace and Belkast said the report is a bunch of bologna. They both insist the deal is coming along smoothly.

Last-minute attempt by O's to sign ace.

:):):):):)

I give this turn of events 5 smiley faces.

I do not know which way this off season will turn next but Peter talking directly to Bedard is about the best way to know if the two men can come to a agreement. I like the direct communication. I hope Bedard is signed.

If Peter decides to build around Bedard and Roberts the franchise will be moving on a much faster track to contention.

Peter talking directly to Bedard is about the best way to know if the two men can come to a agreement. I like the direct communication.

You didn't just say that... did you?

Uh-oh.

I was sticking up for you before, but I'm bailing out of this one. You're on your own now. Good luck (I think).

Last-minute attempt by O's to sign ace.

:):):):):)

I give this turn of events 5 smiley faces.

I do not know which way this off season will turn next but Peter talking directly to Bedard is about the best way to know if the two men can come to a agreement. I like the direct communication. I hope Bedard is signed.

If Peter decides to build around Bedard and Roberts the franchise will be moving on a much faster track to contention.

So......that's what you're going with...

Interesting.

Archived