(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

46 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

Since the Dodgers don't want to go over the luxury tax I would just eat the rest of Manny's salary in a trade to get more back. Of course the FO and Angelos would never go for that. 

In my mind the Dodgers are just bluffing.  The NL is wide open and demand should be high.  9-10 teams are in the hunt.  If they don't want Machado's contract, one of their competitors will gladly take it.

1 minute ago, scbalt52 said:

Got an alert from The Score just now that said we are trying to get something done sooner rather than later, speeding up talks recently. FWIW

Heyman and Rosenthal reporting the same thing basically.  Geez, I wonder who is leaking this (DD, DD, DD, DD, DD)

Here's the money quote

However, according to the report, general manager Dan Duquette's willingness to get a deal done may not matter, as Baltimore's front office structure has become increasingly complicated in recent months. Duquette would reportedly have to run a prospective deal by Orioles vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson, as well as the ownership group run by the Angelos family.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Heyman and Rosenthal reporting the same thing basically.  Geez, I wonder who is leaking this (DD, DD, DD, DD, DD)

Here's the money quote

However, according to the report, general manager Dan Duquette's willingness to get a deal done may not matter, as Baltimore's front office structure has become increasingly complicated in recent months. Duquette would reportedly have to run a prospective deal by Orioles vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson, as well as the ownership group run by the Angelos family.

This is comically bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Here's the money quote

smh

19 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Here's the money quote

LOL!   I can see the paperwork being left on a desk and it never getting done.

It would almost be like a Three Stooges episode:

Lou: John, it was your turn with the paperwork...how did you lose it?

John: I didn't lose it, I checked off on it and sent it over to Anderson.

Brady: I never saw it.

Peter:  I saw it on your desk, Brady.   I read it, didn't like it, and tossed it in the shredder.  Tell Dan he needs to start over, and this time, bring it to me first!

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

More cooks in the kitchen, the harder it is to get things done.  Chances of getting Brady and Angelos to sign off becomes way harder.

I feel bad for DD.  I bet he can't wait to get out of there.

I can’t wait for his book. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

More cooks in the kitchen, the harder it is to get things done.  Chances of getting Brady and Angelos to sign off becomes way harder.

I feel bad for DD.  I bet he can't wait to get out of there.

I think DD has been handcuffed since his ill-fated Toronto gambit.   I wonder if these last few years have hurt his credibility?   It would be a shame if it did.

38 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Here's the money quote

Isn't it great that at this crucial turning point of our franchise, this type of incompetence might get in the way of getting the best deal possible?

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Here's the money quote

Ah the old reverse chain of command 

1 hour ago, LC_O's_87 said:

Here's the money quote

Some posters see this this and think...

Image result for officer barbrady move along