(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

47 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

More cooks in the kitchen, the harder it is to get things done.  Chances of getting Brady and Angelos to sign off becomes way harder.

I feel bad for DD.  I bet he can't wait to get out of there.

If I were DD I would just go on vacation the next 4 weeks.  If Brady is in charge let him man the phones.  I certainly wouldn't make much of an effort. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Dan wants another job in baseball.

He already has an  out.  Brady and Angelos sons are in charge.  They didn't want to make a deal.   If they are the ones who have to approve a deal then why aren't  they just making the deals themselves?  '

And the ridiculousness of a guy in the locker room who wants to be the players friends is the guy making decisions on whom to trade.  

Just when you thought the organization couldn't be run any worse. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

He already has an  out.  Brady and Angelos sons are in charge.  They didn't want to make a deal.   If they are the ones who have to approve a deal then why aren't  they just making the deals themselves?  '

And the ridiculousness of a guy in the locker room who wants to be the players friends is the guy making decisions on whom to trade.  

Just when you thought the organization couldn't be run any worse. 

So all teams that talk to Dan and can tell he's "checked out" will buy that it was all on the owner?  You don't think word will get around that Dan just gave up?

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So all teams that talk to Dan and can tell he's "checked out" will buy that it was all on the owner?  You don't think word will get around that Dan just gave up?

Exactly.

Plus, Dan has no one to blame here but himself.  He's the one who tried to flirt with Toronto while he was married to the Orioles.  He got caught, and now his wife (Angelos) is making him suffer.  It's his own fault.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Exactly.

Plus, Dan has no one to blame here but himself.  He's the one who tried to flirt with Toronto while he was married to the Orioles.  He got caught, and now his wife (Angelos) is making him suffer.  It's his own fault.  

Some wives really do that?

12 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Exactly.

Well Angelos should have said either no or yes immediately. I think the White Sox GM was approached as well and his owner said immediately no.  

14 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Exactly.

Angelos is making the Orioles suffer.  Brilliant thought process. 

21 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Exactly.

12 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Some wives really do that?

It’s like I heard a friend tell me late last week. I don’t know if it’s true, as I haven’t been married that long, but:

”Every woman is different, but all wives are the same.”

Probably a song in there somewhere. 

13 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Okay... 

20 year old (21 in Sept.) who's doing quite well at Hi-A right now probably on the way to a call-up to AA.  #68 in BP's preseason rankings.  #10 Dodgers prospect per MLB Pipeline.

Far cry from the Buehler and Verdugo's .... but perhaps the O's have gotten more realistic now that they are out of time.

1 minute ago, LC_O's_87 said:

20 year old (21 in Sept.) who's doing quite well at Hi-A right now probably on the way to a call-up to AA.  #68 in BP's preseason rankings.  #10 Dodgers prospect per MLB Pipeline.

Far cry from the Buehler and Verdugo's .... but perhaps the O's have gotten more realistic now that they are out of time.

Yeah, I just looked at his stats... not bad (though I'd be curious to see what Luke-OH, etc. think of him).  Santana/White, May, Lux, and maybe one more piece would be good with me, though that may be asking too much,

Imagine being a Dodgers prospect.  Pretty highly ranked, you're cruising along and having a good season, figuring you'll get invited to camp next year, maybe get some time at Dodger Stadium.  You've been producing well at every level.

And then you get a call from your manager.

"Hey kid, you've been traded...to Baltimore."

Ugh.  Just...ugh.  Terrible team, terrible franchise, east coast nasty ass humidity.  You're going to be sent to baseball purgatory.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LC_O's_87 said:

However, according to the report, general manager Dan Duquette's willingness to get a deal done may not matter, as Baltimore's front office structure has become increasingly complicated in recent months. Duquette would reportedly have to run a prospective deal by Orioles vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson, as well as the ownership group run by the Angelos family.

Some think this news is

landscape-1509975916-jim-carrey-shocked.

At this point, knowing ownership, to me it's more

tenor.gif?itemid=3633024

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

Exactly.

I think the only thing Dan did wrong (and I'm not sure that he did do it) was inform the Orioles that he was approached about the job up front.   Dan was looking at a promotion, and generally, that's allowed in baseball circles, except if you are under contract with the Orioles.