(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

Just now, clapdiddy said:

I think the only thing Dan did wrong (and I'm not sure that he did do it) was inform the Orioles that he was approached about the job up front.   Dan was looking at a promotion, and generally, that's allowed in baseball circles, except if you are under contract with the Orioles.

The White Sox denied permission when in the exact same situation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Forgot about them.   So, there are two misfit organizations.   

Well the Blue Jays owner asked someone working for another team who his best choices would be and then evidently sought them out without first telling the teams (tampering).  So I would say three misfit organizations.

10 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Would you feel better if the Orioles moved to Montreal?

Well that's not living in reality.

The way I see it, we rip this team up and down all day every day, and rightfully so.  But being a fan of this team is like having an idiot older brother.  Yes, he's an idiot, he makes bad decisions daily and I can yell and fight with him, but if you're outside the family and want to talk smack, back off.  

In other words, we've earned the right to feel the way we do about this team.  We've been through enough.  I don't need to justify it to anyone.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Would you feel better if the Orioles moved to Montreal ???

o

Brewster to Baltimore is half an hour faster of a drive than is Brewster to Montreal.

I'll take the former.

Besides, I don't speak French.

o

6 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Brewster to Baltimore is half an hour faster of a drive than is Brewster to Montreal.

I'll take the former.

Besides, I don't speak French.

o

o

Hey, I did not know this.

Southern Montreal is predominantly English-speaking, northern Montreal is predominantly French-speaking, and central Montreal is mixed.

I always thought that it was predominantly French-speaking throughout the entire city, with small pockets of English-speaking mixed in here and there.

This Is Where People Speak French Or English In Montreal featured image

o

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, scbalt52 said:

Got an alert from The Score just now that said we are trying to get something done sooner rather than later, speeding up talks recently. FWIW

Sounds good ... heard a clip of Duquette he said we are full speed ahead with the rebuild.

Also Steve M from MASN said that Dan need deal approval From Brady. It’s sounds as if Anderson is going to be the next VP of Baseball Operations like it or not.

6 hours ago, andrewochs615 said:

Since the Dodgers don't want to go over the luxury tax I would just eat the rest of Manny's salary in a trade to get more back. Of course the FO and Angelos would never go for that. 

The Dodgers did not want to lose game seven last year or be middle of the pack this season. They'll work it out. All those guys who spout the lines that they have seen in the press know no more than you and I. 

o

Zach Wilt ponders the last Orioles Blockbuster Trade, from February of 2018 ........ a trade that I was against at the time, but am glad that I didn't get my way.

O’s Last Blockbuster Set Franchise Up for Next Decade

(By Zach Wilt)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/07/zach-wilt-os-last-blockbuster-set-franchise-up-for-next-decade.html

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Zach Wilt ponders the last Orioles Blockbuster Trade, from February of 2008 ........ a trade that I was against at the time, but am glad that I didn't get my way.

O’s Last Blockbuster Set Franchise Up for Next Decade

(By Zach Wilt)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/07/zach-wilt-os-last-blockbuster-set-franchise-up-for-next-decade.html

o

Speaking of Zach, does anyone know why he and Jabby Burns seemed to have abandoned their podcast Baltimore Sports Today? I’m a subscriber and I think until the June one listed, the last podcast they did was in late April entitled “Is Buck Showalter on the Hot Seat?”

N1wy0UY.png