Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I could have written this post myself. I agree completely. Why offer him the contract and then after seeing that he's hitting well, DFA him? Makes no sense. I would have DFA'd Lough myself, but whatever...Nolan will find a way to hurt us somewhere down the road.

Lough can play all three OF positions defensively. He has speed and is not put together with superglue. No way I keep Reimold over him. Different skill set.

If anyone would go it would be Young or Pearce and frankly those two have been fine. Nolan was an insurance policy they did not need to cash.

For the at bats that young gets, i'd rather see them keep Reimold and see if he's finally healthy now. Having pierce lets us dfa young and trade with no loss. If i recall we would control reimold for another year or two before free agency too right? young is gone after year end.

According to 105.7, Jerry Coleman says that the Os organization (specifically citing Angelos family and Brady Anderson) are going to be willing to go through great lengths to make sure Nolan is an Oriole, "like it or not" (Coleman says).

Paraphrasing here: They view it as too much invested, as well as personal closeness to the player to simply cut ties with him.

Flaherty. He'd be fine out there, but I'm also not one to give 2 craps about backing up CF. Overrated defensive position IMO. Have we seen Adam make any plays our there this year that Flaherty couldn't make? I haven't seen it, unless we're talking about throwing. And the extra-hard plays Jones tries to make, he really hasn't made. He's pretty bad at diving plays.

Did you really just type that and push send?

According to 105.7, Jerry Coleman says that the Os organization (specifically citing Angelos family and Brady Anderson) are going to be willing to go through great lengths to make sure Nolan is an Oriole, "like it or not" (Coleman says).

Paraphrasing here: They view it as too much invested, as well as personal closeness to the player to simply cut ties with him.

I figured Brady would still be fighting for him. Didn't expect the Family to get involved.

I just don't get the Nolan obsession. He will be 31 in the off season. He had exactly one season, 2009, where he played more than 100 games. I wish him well, but I have absolutely no qualms about releasing him, to tell you the truth.

That is Jerry's opinion. Not info he got from the club. I believe that Nolan is DFA. Whether Brady will miss him or not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those who have asked: be a shock if Reimold was not a DFA. Doesn't fit the Os roster. No official word, however.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is Jerry's opinion. Not info he got from the club. I believe that Nolan is DFA. Whether Brady will miss him or not.

There's nothing from him on twitter regarding the matter, but he did sound emphatic about his position - to an extent that I am surprised it is purely his own opinion.

Perhaps he is saying that if Nolan clears waivers, and gets to decide to be a free agent, the Os will resign him?

Archived