Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Yeah, I don't know why I bothered. You clearly didn't intend to say that. They know we wouldn't trade Manny for someone like that, and you implied it was possible, regardless of whatever backtracking you try to do now. Either way I'll now do what I should've done from the start. Ignore you.
Please show me where I implied it was possible? Who's back tracking? Sorry to tell you this my trollish little friend but your agenda is showing.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We all do understand that this is not like free agency, right. Or even like losing a pick. These victims of our decisions have faces. And are poised to serve the team with the appropriate six or seven years of control at a reasonable cost that we can populate our other 22 or 23 major league positions. I, for one, would be happier with Lester as a rental at some price than the investment of personal and payroll that Hamels would require. Ruben has not been fired yet. he still thinks these are reasonable deals that he made.

I don't get it. I really don't.

You'd prefer the inferior player for the shorter term because you don't want to give up prospects that the Orioles have shown no ability to develop over the last 15 years?

I don't get it. I really don't.

You'd prefer the inferior player for the shorter term because you don't want to give up prospects that the Orioles have shown no ability to develop over the last 15 years?

In this case I don't think that Lester v Hamels is close, meaning I'd take Lester.

I don't think we are the same team as 15 years ago and Gausman/Bundy/Harvey are top shelf guys, not hyped by fans who really want to believe guys.

In the meantime, Lester knows exactly what it takes to win the in the AL in general and East in particular, wouldn't cost nearly as much, and could presumably be had as free agent if we really wanted him after the season.

In this case I don't think that Lester v Hamels is close, meaning I'd take Lester.

I don't think we are the same team as 15 years ago and Gausman/Bundy/Harvey are top shelf guys, not hyped by fans who really want to believe guys.

In the meantime, Lester knows exactly what it takes to win the in the AL in general and East in particular, wouldn't cost nearly as much, and could presumably be had as free agent if we really wanted him after the season.

Gonzo, Matusz, EdRod for Lester and Koji?

Gonzo, Matusz, EdRod for Lester and Koji?

I think so. You know Papi would be happy about it!

Word in the rumor mill is they aren't taking calls on Koji at all though. Kills me that we didn't sign him...one of the few outright mistakes this FO has made I think.

Is there a reason you can't sign him as a FA?

I'd love to have Lester, but when did we become the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers or Angels? If we get him for the remainder of this season we better hope it pays off because there is NO chance we get in a bidding war for his services come next winter.

I'd love to have Lester, but when did we become the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers or Angels? If we get him for the remainder of this season we better hope it pays off because there is NO chance we get in a bidding war for his services come next winter.
We don't want him for next year. We have Bundy Gausman and Harvey coming along. We just want him for two months.

We don't want him for next year. We have Bundy Gausman and Harvey coming along. We just want him for two months.

Bingo... and the Red Sox want the same thing. They are trying to convince their fanbase that trading him now is a necessity but re-signing him this winter is a top priority. The Sox initially low-balled Lester hoping he'd take the same discount as Pedroia, but since the initial refusal they have continually upgraded their offer multiple times even surpassing what experts believe would be his market value. Lester appears simply vengeful about getting lowballed and isn't interested in any talks this year. The Red Sox best bet is to let him go and try to get him in the open market.

When you consider there are probably 10 teams seriously kicking the tires on Lester, my guess is the Sox are going to want at least one of those pitchers for Lester as a starting point.

Thats insane. Bundy has more upside than Keuchel. Alot.

Strange to hear you say that after what you said earlier this year, Roy.

Another lefty, but this one is really legit. Maybe one of the best pitchers in the AL

right now. He's Dallas Keuchel, a 24 year old stud with a WHIP below 1. He doesn'

walk batters(doesn't matter to the Orioles anyway), and his ERA in 8 decisions is

2.55. He just 4 hit(no earned runs) Seattle and his May ERA IS 1.79.

For a team struggling to hit, he is NOT a welcome sight. Especially with our pitcher

Chris Tillman struggling himself.

We'll evidently they want batters not pitchers that is why they are interested in trading a pitcher with a lot of team control. I don't think we have what it takes to acquire him anyway.

No. A lot more upside than a 3.02FIP is like Kershaw/Felix/Sale. Keuchel has been a top 20 pitcher this year. If you're expecting Bundy to be a sub 3.00FIP pitcher you're facing heavy odds of being severely disappointed.

Archived