vs. Red Sox 07-05 Game 2

scOtt

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm not really cool or comfortable with you equating my question that I asked him to something so serious (even if said in jest)as domestic violence. I don't have a problem with you or any other poster calling me out. But not using extreme things that are not analogous to baseball and are very serious matters. Now, on to @Frobby's statement and citing of stats. He is right about the aggregate stats of our bp. And I was wrong in stating that the bullpen is getting progressively worse. However, I do not believe whatsoever that we have the requisite talent in our bp to win a championship. That is what I should have said.
    • The Oriole bullpen combined has been worth -1.0 bWAR. Kimbrel and Cano 0.1, Webb 0.2, Danny Coulombe 0.3. Those are our leverage guys. We're 20th in the league in bWAR. They clearly need some upgrades, other than Coulombe who do you really trust at the back end in a tight game? We have no strikeout pitchers other than Kimbrel.
    • The rule says you don't even have to make contact, if you even force the fielder to go around you it's interference.  In this case Vaughn actually touched Gunnar so it seems pretty clear cut.
    • Elias has done a lot of wonderful things, but because he is still only human, he is not above making mistakes. The bullpen construction was a big mistake. But we can overcome it if he is willing to deviate from his past history as GM and actually add meaningful talent to the team (in season) via trade. I get that he may have his principles and one of which may be an extreme apprehension in regards to surrendering talent in trades. But at some point all successful people must learn to pivot. We cannot continue down the same track that we have been on. Kjerstad is 25, Stowers 26, Norby will be 24 soon. We are getting no value from these guys in prime years of their career because Elias has insisted on his holding/hedging no matter what philosophy.  IMO we are going to have to eventually pull the trigger on something significant in order to improve/fix the obvious hole on this team.
    • Seems like he's destined for the Baumann treatment of "forced trade by way of DFA". No one wants to trade for him right now, but someone will want to jump the waiver line if he's DFA'd. Padres? They just lost Xander. 
    • Yes, the ruling on it being two outs and the game being over was correct, based on the interference call being made. The only real question is whether the ump should have called interference or not.
    • Agree that he seems like the ideal guy. Unfortunately, STL is kind of still in the game after we handed them 3 wins on a silver platter. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Only 5 games back of the Brewers in the NL Central and 2 games back of the wild card. They have absolutely no reason to trade Helsley right now. Hopefully by the deadline though. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now