60th Anniversary Event on August 8

TonySoprano

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it was better than I expected. The warehouse graphics, and the montage was well done. Great crowd appreciating the moments, and the team's heroes from different eras and generations. I kept wondering why MASN didn't catch any current players watching the show, and that was because they were part of it. Nice touch. Some awkward hugs in there, but watching the interactions between the current and past players was pretty awesome. I'd love to have that group photo they took.

Well done.

That explains a lot about El Gordo!

Fantastic ceremony. Thank you O's for a terrific celebration and all the memories. I have been following the O's "only" since 1980 or so, but got to meet Brooks Robinson as a kid. Great to see him healthy. "He will always be Mr. Oriole..." Only bittersweet aspect of it is that Earl Weaver and Mike Flanagan couldn't be there.

And Paul Blair

Was at the game tonight with my 5 brothers. One of my top three all time games along with Davis' 3 HR game v TOR and Nick's 3 HR game v MIN.Loved the ceremony but I saw my first O's game in 1955 and I wished they had had more guys from that era. Brooks was really the only one. Also, though it was the dark period, I wished they had Melmo and Tejada, they gave us some great years.

Yeah it seemed like they kind of glossed over that period...though to be fair it's kind of hard to "celebrate" 14 straight losing seasons. Still would have been nice to see some of those guys...even Raffy. Maybe they couldn't make it...who knows.

Was at the game tonight with my 5 brothers. One of my top three all time games along with Davis' 3 HR game v TOR and Nick's 3 HR game v MIN.Loved the ceremony but I saw my first O's game in 1955 and I wished they had had more guys from that era. Brooks was really the only one. Also, though it was the dark period, I wished they had Melmo and Tejada, they gave us some great years.

Most of those 1950s/early 1960s guys are very old or no longer with us. Who knows if they are even able to travel at this point in their lives. It was good to see Milt Pappas there. Though he's best known for The Trade, he was a darn good pitcher for the best part of a decade.

Mora/Tejada and players of that era aren't in the Orioles HOF yet.

I was there with my 10-year-old who has a real appreciation for baseball history. I hope he remembers being there for the ceremony when he's older.

Most of those 1950s/early 1960s guys are very old or no longer with us. Who knows if they are even able to travel at this point in their lives. It was good to see Milt Pappas there. Though he's best known for The Trade, he was a darn good pitcher for the best part of a decade.

Mora/Tejada and players of that era aren't in the Orioles HOF yet.

I was there with my 10-year-old who has a real appreciation for baseball history. I hope he remembers being there for the ceremony when he's older.

Oh so they only had O's HOFers back? Makes sense.

Yeah it seemed like they kind of glossed over that period...though to be fair it's kind of hard to "celebrate" 14 straight losing seasons. Still would have been nice to see some of those guys...even Raffy. Maybe they couldn't make it...who knows.

Only Orioles HOF members were invited. Ripken, Alomar and Mussina are really the only inductees from the dark ages (so far).

Only Orioles HOF members were invited. Ripken, Alomar and Mussina are really the only inductees from the dark ages (so far).

Oh ok. Well they were also on the 96-97 teams. It would have been nice to see Roberto Alomar...seems like he kind of stays out of the limelight though.

Archived