Gonzo being offered as trade piece.

Redskins Rick

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, the Orioles would live to regret trading Gonzo. We might be witnessing the start of his transformation into a TOR or #2 pitcher.

Extremely doubtful imo that Miguel ever becomes a TOR or even a true #2 starter. He simply doesn't have the stuff for that. However, he can easily be a very reliable middle of the rotation guy, and I agree with the above sentiment that trading for Kennedy...

"would make zero sense for the orioles. You would get virtually zero upgrade, and possibly a downgrade." - joefrogg

IMO, the Orioles would live to regret trading Gonzo. We might be witnessing the start of his transformation into a TOR or #2 pitcher.

Ehhh not buying that at all. He is a good solid #4 / #5 who can get hot from time to time and generally does not crap the bed a lot either. He is certainly not a 1 or 2 IMO

I do not believe there is a GM in all of baseball that is dumb enough to trade Miguel Gonzalez and his favorable contract status, for Ian Kennedy. There is no way that trade takes place.

In all of this talk about Gonzo to the pen, I would like for someone to tell me who is a better starter than Miguel currently in the O's rotation. And somehow, the guy is the expendable starter. Wow!

I do not believe there is a GM in all of baseball that is dumb enough to trade Miguel Gonzalez and his favorable contract status, for Ian Kennedy. There is no way that trade takes place.

In all of this talk about Gonzo to the pen, I would like for someone to tell me who is a better starter than Miguel currently in the O's rotation. And somehow, the guy is the expendable starter. Wow!

You don't put a 12.5 M SP in the pen. You don't put your best SP last season in the pen when he is pitching well enough. You don't put your only LHSP in the pen when he leads the club In W's. You don't put your best SP for IP/GS in the pen. So who does that leave Gonzo and Gausman. Take your pick.

Extremely doubtful imo that Miguel ever becomes a TOR or even a true #2 starter. He simply doesn't have the stuff for that. However' date=' he can easily be a very reliable middle of the rotation guy, and I agree with the above sentiment that trading for Kennedy...

"would make zero sense for the orioles. You would get virtually zero upgrade, and possibly a downgrade." - joefrogg[/quote']

Ehhh not buying that at all. He is a good solid #4 / #5 who can get hot from time to time and generally does not crap the bed a lot either. He is certainly not a 1 or 2 IMO

Perhaps I'm overly optimistic about Gonzales, and maybe his "stuff" hasn't been top quality until recently. But Jim Palmer mentioned something last night that could be the difference maker for Gonzales......his curve ball. Palmer commented that Gonzo appears to have rediscovered the curve that got Orioles scouts excited when they saw him pitching in the Mexican league. There's no doubt that something has happened because Gonzales is now able to get through the batting order a third time. That's something he has had great difficulty doing in the past.

You don't put a 12.5 M SP in the pen. You don't put your best SP last season in the pen when he is pitching well enough. You don't put your only LHSP in the pen when he leads the club In W's. You don't put your best SP for IP/GS in the pen. So who does that leave Gonzo and Gausman. Take your pick.

Nice....That does not even attempt to answer the question that I asked. But in any regard, its the wrong answer.

Perhaps I'm overly optimistic about Gonzales, and maybe his "stuff" hasn't been top quality until recently. But Jim Palmer mentioned something last night that could be the difference maker for Gonzales......his curve ball. Palmer commented that Gonzo appears to have rediscovered the curve that got Orioles scouts excited when they saw him pitching in the Mexican league. There's no doubt that something has happened because Gonzales is now able to get through the batting order a third time. That's something he has had great difficulty doing in the past.

He has looked much better. Much.

Archived