Orioles - Phillies trade proposal ESPN Insider

Roll Tide

If we made it to a seven game series, would Burnett even be one of the four starters you go with? That's debatable.

I wouldn't trade Harvey for anyone on the market, unless it was straight up for Price.

The guy from Philly who would interest me is Bastardo.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we made it to a seven game series, would Burnett even be one of the four starters you go with? That's debatable.

I wouldn't trade Harvey for anyone on the market, unless it was straight up for Price.

He's drawing a lot of attention from LAA, LAD, DET, etc... I don't think we can land him but I agree.

Send them Jimenez instead of Harvey. Maybe they won't notice.

Ubaldo for Utley and one of Burnett or Papelbon + salary pitch-in. Ubaldo's salary off the books helps pay for the added salary as well.

I am for a trade this year if it definitively improves the team for the stretch run. That would mean a legitimate TOR guy, a proven 2B or C or high quality BP guy. I would be willing to give up good prospects for a significant return. This trade is not a significant return.

If we're gonna go for it, then go for it. This year it looks like we will have to win the AL East to make the playoffs. The good part of this is we avoid the one-game playoff. So while we may not be as good as 2 years ago we may actually have a simpler path. But don't trade good prospects for players who aren't going to tip the scales for us in a playoff series.

Assuming that, with Burnett, the potentials would be...

Tillman

Chen

Gonzalez

Norris

Gausman

Jimenez

Burnett

Then... yeah, he'd almost assuredly be one of my four. I'm not, nor have I ever been, particularly confident in Chen or Gonzo.

Both guys would have to waive no trade clauses and the Orioles would have to add payroll, but Lee & Utley do fit our needs well.

For PR purposes, Philly would have to get someone good back, so cash would need to grease the wheels. The question would be how much money would they have to send along with that pair for it to be worth Harvey.

I think the O's best plan would be to wait until the last minute to make a deal with any team. Right now teams that are selling have all the leverage and are using it. They are asking for top notch prospects and hoping some team will panic and pull the trigger. Wait until the last day of FA and place a call and the price will be much more reasonable.

What an awful trade proposal idea. I don't know if I'm just not valuing players correctly but Burnett would not survive in the AL East anymore...he knew that and stayed away in the off-season. Papelbon is a good reliever but hardly worth the money considering no real need for a closer at this point. Not to mention giving up Harvey and Berry? Sign me up for the mob that surrounds the warehouse if something like this happens.

Archived