Yankees Nearing Deal For Chase Headley (Done Deal - NY Trades Solarte +DePaula)

Greg

So the Padres basically gave him away for nothing? Seems pretty bad move. Do they get the million or are they giving it away. If they are getting the million it seems like a better move. If they are giving it their GM should be fired.

Please understand. the player is not good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please understand. the player is not good.

Yes he is. He's been worth 1.3 rWAR this season so far, was worth 3.8 last year, 6.3 the year before that. He's been worth 19.4 rWAR in his career, at age 30. He's a plus defender who is having an off year with the bat.

Yes he is. He's been worth 1.3 rWAR this season so far, was worth 3.8 last year, 6.3 the year before that. He's been worth 19.4 rWAR in his career, at age 30. He's a plus defender who is having an off year with the bat.

I admit, He has played great defense. He is in the low 600s in OPS this season.

It's really fun to see them grasping and flailing away, isn't it?

The guy my company hired last year is a big Yankees fan but the shame is that he's not much of a trash talker. Really nice kid, I like him a lot but when I try to give him a ribbing about the Yankees he just kinda rolls with it. Never tries to give it back or have fun with it.

I saw it on ESPN earlier and he just rolled his eyes when I told him they got Headley.

Looks like the Yankees ways have finally caught up with them. The division isn't strong enough to write anyone off but honestly I think theyre the team I'd be most comfortable writing off first. I just think they're going to slip into the abyss and I can see the Rays overtaking them.

Archived