vs. MARINERS, 7/25

OFFNY

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Buck didn't ask if the umpires wanted to do a review of their own accord. That's happened a few times, where the manager doesn't have to spend his challenge. All it takes is for the crew chief to ask the ump who made the call, "are you SURE about that?" and if the guy is honest and not a dbag, if he actually had a doubt, he'll fess up and say "I really didn't see it" or "I totally blew that call", and they'll put on the headsets.

Anyway, maybe Buck was just too timid on pulling the trigger on his only challenge so early in the game, on a call that was not guaranteed to be overturned. There may be a more pivotal play later that he will want to challenge.

Fair point. But I feel like we don't see enough calls that are "potentially challengable" in a game to warrant the conservatism. Yes, if it happens once it will seem like too much, but I like Nellie with Adam on second. What would the count have been 3-0 or 2-1? I didn't see.

Nice snag by Pearce btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Im a worrier, I'll admit that. But lets face it.This is the King were facing tonight. Its been a long time since we even SAW him let alone beat him.And the O's are a high K team. I hope we can get him out of the game or that Gaus out pitches him. Gonna be a long shot tonight.

We're ALL worried about facing the King...

Archived