Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" id=rufous-sandbox frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME><SCRIPT src="https://syndication.twitter.com/tweets.json?ids=494870233107427328&lang=en&callback=twttr.tfw.callbacks.cb0&suppress_response_codes=true" async="async"></SCRIPT>OBP machine Sam Fuld has essentially the same career OBP as strike zone-challenged Adam Jones.

I know, it's crazy. They've been citing his .421 OBP since JUNE 22!! :rolleyes:

:D

I'm assuming he's finally got it all figured out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At any given moment a lot of (insert sports team name here)'s fans seem to be trashing (that team's GM) no matter what.

True, but let's look at Beane's top 2 mistakes and they are colossal.

1) Trading for Johnson

2) Trading for Hamel

Most A's fans are not wanting two month rental of Lester either.

5.5 K / IP ... not sure why he is an upgrade to anything we already have.

I believe he can improve.

arred Cosart has been something of an enigma through his first two major league seasons.

With nearly 10 inches of vertical drop, Cosart has one of the most dramatic breaking balls in the MLB, yet it gets no swings and misses.

Last year, as a rookie, Cosart miraculously posted a 1.95 ERA despite owning the highest walk rate in baseball to go along with one of the worst strikeout rates.

This year, despite throwing a really hard fastball and hanging more curves than just about anyone, Cosart has one of the best home run rates in baseball.

Thus, his hanging-est curve results in just a mere opposite field single, because Jarred Cosart is an enigma.

I really think that there is something here.

Beane better win a World Series. If not he just traded Cespedes for Gomes and Tommy Milone for Sam Fuld. Yuck.

It's why I hate 2 month rentals.. if you don't win it all right now (highly unlikely for any team) you have yourself in a huge hole.

Archived