Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ehhh... I'm more worried about the Tigers now. Oakland just doesn't put fear into me, even with Lester.

Price, Verlander, and Scherzer vs. Gray, Lester, and Samardzija. Given how human Verlander's looked this year, it's a close call, IMO.

Lots of moving parts in Price deal. Austin Jackson to Seattle?

Price, Verlander, and Scherzer vs. Gray, Lester, and Samardzija. Given how human Verlander's looked this year, it's a close call, IMO.
Verlander has been very human this offseason. Weakened legs from getting back with Kate Upton.

Yeah, I think I made it pretty clear I was just saying what I saw in ST. He's obviously performed better and showed better prior to this season. Which is why I said that's not to say he can't bounce back.

I agree that he was overhyped and is now probably a bit underrated. But he sure didn't look good this year.

I wasn't being confrontational -- just trying to get a sense of context. I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. I just didn't think, given the fact it was ST, he was dramatically different or down. I think the stat lines and some overhyping agents inflated his perceived "stuff". I thought Parks nailed it in his summary on the BP Top 10 rankings:

The Year Ahead: While scouts seem to agree that Rodriguez is a future major-league starter, the ultimate projections vary source to source, as some don’t see the high-impact upside that the production/stuff might suggest. The stuff is solid-average to plus, but he lacks true wipeout stuff, and without sharp command, its hard to see Rodriguez developing into a frontline arm. But a no. 3/4 starter under team control is a very valuable commodity, and it shouldn’t take Rodriguez long to make that projection a reality.

Pretty grounded will giving credence to potential upside. I still think his projection is in that range (tops out as a three, more likely a back-end guy).

Well I'm happy with the trade of our third best prospect if Miller can be extended. If not it's seems that's a steep price for a few months.

Extension has nothing to do with the trade, we paid Rodriguez for two months of Miller. Do you even want to extend a reliever looking for a free agent payday who has a preference for Boston?

"Sure, I'll sign with Baltimore for twice what it took to get Danys Baez and Jamie Walker."

Archived