vs. INDIANS, 8/16

OFFNY

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chances of Orioles going 3 up 3 down on less than 10 pitches this inning?

Lol. This team is so easy to predict. 12 straight batters retired. 1 run in last 17 innings. 1-10 with RISP.

It's absolutely incredible how this team has such a good record since the ASB considering the offense has been a complete embarassment for all but a 5 game stretch (Cardinals/Yankees series). Just a piss poor offense.

If the season ended today, I'd say "maybe not." However, given the amount of money they've put into the guy, the O's will probably have a very, very low bar between now and the end of September for whether he makes it (i.e., if he strings together a couple of good starts late in the season, he's probably on, even if it's a bullpen role).

Between Ubaldo and Matusz holding onto roster spots, keeping Gonzo at Norfolk is beyond infuriating at this point.

And that is why I asked. It's about the money. Don't believe for a second it's a foregone conclusion he won't be on the roster.

And that is why I asked. It's about the money. Don't believe for a second it's a foregone conclusion he won't be on the roster.

Oh, it's totally about the money. Record breaking contract for a pitcher for PA. If the O's were the Giants, I'd say he might not even be starting right now (see Lincecum, Tim). But there's no way that would fly here...and I'm not even sure it should, necessarily. I want the GM to actually be able to convince the owner to spend additional monies in the future, and throwing in the towel on Ubaldo wouldn't help that cause.

That said, he shouldn't be starting games in the postseason, even if they keep him on the team.

Archived