vs. CUBS, 8/24

OFFNY

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our lead-off man can't do anything with 3 fastballs in the strike zone, right in the wheel house. Right in the middle of the FREAKING plate.

:rofl:

Anybody still think we should re-sign this guy? Far as I'm concerned he can get on a bus to LA or Oakland or NY or wherever he's gonna go right now. Granted, he'll probably bat .750 with 94 HR for them, but that's the Orioles' luck lately.

I am not happy that he did not worry about his team. But, he is who his is. Do I put him on a pedestal for it? No, but he can hang with who he wants to. I wish him a happy marriage, life and great friendships to rely upon.

If he was on his second contract I'd be a little more bent about it. I don't have much of a problem with it now. I also don't begrudge a kid in his early 20's the chance to make a poor decision or two. I think the implication that he's doing something illegal is unseemly.

Well, in a way, I'm glad to see this today. We know that this organization now knows how to find good pitching. It's just unfortunate that this guy got hurt.

Oh, this organization has been expert at finding good pitching.

Unfortunately, they use the Orioles to learn how to pitch, then the moment they leave, they're Cy Young.

The "calvary" talked about years back is here, ladies and gents. They're just wearing different uniforms.

Who wants to bet that if we deal Brian Matusz to a team that lets him start, he'll be a Verlander next year? :rofl:

He evidently could not even pitch last year.

Course the fact he more than a year removed from his TJ surgery has something to do with it.

If anything it just confirms that DD was right about the kid....he can pitch ...bad luck he spent his time with us injured

Archived