vs. CUBS, 8/24

OFFNY

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he was on his second contract I'd be a little more bent about it. I don't have much of a problem with it now. I also don't begrudge a kid in his early 20's the chance to make a poor decision or two. I think the implication that he's doing something illegal is unseemly.

He listens to folks who do not have the Orioles best interests at heart. His friends are not Orioles.

Course the fact he more than a year removed from his TJ surgery has something to do with it.

If anything it just confirms that DD was right about the kid....he can pitch ...bad luck he spent his time with us injured

How much bad luck can we stand? How much bad luck are we going to get before the baseball gods decide that enough is enough? Do we really have to be the laughing stock of all of baseball until my grandkids are 60? Who knows, MLB might not even be around by then if online eSports take over or whatever. This is starting to feel like the Red Sox's "Curse of the Bambino". Except that, rather than one fateful move, we made a series of poor moves that collectively hamstrung us. And since we don't have an unlimited budget like LA and NY, we can't simply buy our way to a World Series, we have to trade value to get value.

Right when it looks like things are finally going good, when victory is within our grasp, one of the "worst" teams in baseball uses our own bad-luck cursed players to utterly stomp us. You couldn't write the script better for the Yanks to send Jeter to the world series this year.

That's a fake 6 games if I ever saw em. Gonna evaporate in a hurry.

They'll be fine, they have an easy schedule and even though their losing this series against a bad team **** happens. The one thing we know about this team is they don't go on long losing streaks.

If he was on his second contract I'd be a little more bent about it. I don't have much of a problem with it now. I also don't begrudge a kid in his early 20's the chance to make a poor decision or two. I think the implication that he's doing something illegal is unseemly.

I have never heard anyone say that Manny was a PED user. I do know that he admires a guy who I find despicable.

Archived