vs. CUBS, 8/24

OFFNY

How much bad luck can we stand? How much bad luck are we going to get before the baseball gods decide that enough is enough? Do we really have to be the laughing stock of all of baseball until my grandkids are 60? Who knows, MLB might not even be around by then if online eSports take over or whatever. This is starting to feel like the Red Sox's "Curse of the Bambino". Except that, rather than one fateful move, we made a series of poor moves that collectively hamstrung us. And since we don't have an unlimited budget like LA and NY, we can't simply buy our way to a World Series, we have to trade value to get value.

Right when it looks like things are finally going good, when victory is within our grasp, one of the "worst" teams in baseball uses our own bad-luck cursed players to utterly stomp us. You couldn't write the script better for the Yanks to send Jeter to the world series this year.

Geez go have a beer or something.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have never heard anyone say that Manny was a PED user. I do know that he admires a guy who I find despicable.

If you were born in Miami and had been friends with him your whole life you might keep him as a friend also. Not like he is some kid from Perry Hall who became friends with him.

Can't wait for Yoon to tear up the league in 2015!

from here:

SARASOTA, Fla. -- After reaching an agreement Thursday amid much anticipation, the Orioles officially announced Monday afternoon that South Korean pitcher Suk-min Yoon has passed his physical and signed a three-year, $5.75 million contract.The O's will hold a news conference Tuesday to formally introduce Yoon, who has been at the team's complex the past few days. Yoon has been accompanied by agent Tad Hun Yo, who is part of the Boras Corporation, as the two sides hammered out the final details.

We really need to stop dealing with Boras. Bad juju.

My bet is he'll be a repeat of Wada. He will do nothing for the O's, then become a #1 starter for some other team when we trade him away as a throw-in for some 35 year old third baseman.

Right when it looks like things are finally going good, when victory is within our grasp, one of the "worst" teams in baseball uses our own bad-luck cursed players to utterly stomp us. You couldn't write the script better for the Yanks to send Jeter to the world series this year.

That's what worries me. It would be one thing to cough up this lead to Toronto or Tampa Bay, but if the Yankees overtake the Orioles the last weekend, on Derek Jeter Day, with Jeter himself hitting the walkoff bloop single, that moment will never never never stop haunting us and it will be replayed in the media endlessly for decades.

On the other hand, this game is looking a little bit better.

How much bad luck can we stand? How much bad luck are we going to get before the baseball gods decide that enough is enough? Do we really have to be the laughing stock of all of baseball until my grandkids are 60? Who knows, MLB might not even be around by then if online eSports take over or whatever. This is starting to feel like the Red Sox's "Curse of the Bambino". Except that, rather than one fateful move, we made a series of poor moves that collectively hamstrung us. And since we don't have an unlimited budget like LA and NY, we can't simply buy our way to a World Series, we have to trade value to get value.

It. Ain't. Happening.

Look, I'm not a fan of losing streaks either, guys. But this is simply a bump in the road, and a bad luck time to have several guys simultaneously slumping. They'll get by this. I know it hurts right now, with these games coming right after the Manny news. But if you think we're going to roll over, you haven't been paying attention to this team.

See? Steve Pearce agrees with me. :clap3:

Archived