15,000 only?

Spakman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw this in Drunk Jays Fans:

"Not to mention the fact that, in the past two nights, the third place Jays have outdrawn the 1st place Orioles by 20 000 fans.

Hey Baltimore! You have a playoff baseball team! Go watch?"

Someone should let them know that we still average more fans per game

Saw this in Drunk Jays Fans:

"Not to mention the fact that, in the past two nights, the third place Jays have outdrawn the 1st place Orioles by 20 000 fans.

Hey Baltimore! You have a playoff baseball team! Go watch?"

Is he talking about the games against the Red Sox? I wouldn't get to chippy there. I bet we sell more tickets to our Sox series than they do.

Been to 6 games this year and live in Massachusetts. And will be down for playoffs if they happen.

I am sure there are a lot of people who weren't there on Monday who have been more to six games this year. If you weren't there why would you complain about others not being there on a Monday night?

Enough with the excuses. Do kids not go to school yet in Kansas City? Because they had 30,000 at their stadium last night. How about in Philly? Had 23K last night. Pittsburgh had 23K. Padres 24K. Angles 35K. Giants 40K. Jays 26K. Only team we outdrew last night was the Astros by 1K.

Yes it is embarrassing. Not that I'm pointing fingers because I still haven't been to a game at Camden Yards yet this year (Went to the Nats series though).

Why didn't you go and save us from the embarrassment?

Kansas City went back two weeks ago.

Philadelphia goes back September 8th (wow that is super late).

Pittsburgh went back yesterday.

San Diego schools restart September 2nd.

San Francisco went back last Monday.

Anaheim went back last Thursday.

Toronto goes back next Tuesday.

Houston went back yesterday.

Baltimore went back yesterday.

That was a lot of research. I applaud you.

I wonder if they feel constrained in their ability to offer promotions because of the dynamic pricing model. When they switched to dynamic pricing, I remember my season plan materials guaranteeing that the plan holder price would always be below the lowest available price. Maybe that doesn't apply to promotions, but maybe it does. Seems like they could over discounted food coupons or something so, even if they feel they can't discount tickets much.

I thought last year in late August they had some specials to help with attendence. I think it was cheaper upper level seats or something. I wonder why they have not done anything this season.

My wife and I went for the O'Day T-Shirt night tonight, upper LF seats are already $10, they can't get much cheaper. Also the attendance was so low, we moved up twice and the ushers didn't care.

In 2012 they had roll back prices to the original ticket prices from 1992 in certain sections.

I wonder if they feel constrained in their ability to offer promotions because of the dynamic pricing model. When they switched to dynamic pricing, I remember my season plan materials guaranteeing that the plan holder price would always be below the lowest available price. Maybe that doesn't apply to promotions, but maybe it does. Seems like they could over discounted food coupons or something so, even if they feel they can't discount tickets much.

I don't think they would ever discount food like that in the middle of the season. That's how they make their money anyway.

I don't think they would ever discount food like that in the middle of the season. That's how they make their money anyway.

Someone reported the Nats running discount coupons for food in the paper. So, it is possible. The Ironbirds also had a special $1 hot dog night.

How concessions pay out.

http://www.sports-management-degrees.com/stadium/

This post is not directed at anyone specifically.

I go to the games I want, when I want. That usually amount to 3 per year and I watch about 130 games on TV. I dont really like trying to make people feel like they are less of fans because they dont go to the yard as much. I dont think anyone should be in a position to say what is or isnt a valid reason for not going to games. Let people do what they want to do. I love seeing big crowds at the yard as much as the next guy. I'm just not going to throw any judgement at those who don't go as much.

From an O's marketing standpoint, if you want more people at the games, give them more incentives. There are a million ways to incentivise people to go to the yard.

Question for the hangout....what generates more revenue for a MLB team: TV or Gate? I feel like watching them on TV is what helped these new TV contracts get so large and really propel the salaries of the players and revenue for the owners.

Archived