15,000 only?

Spakman

I chuckle at people like you and the OP.

So, just so I get this straight. I have tickets to this Thursday, Saturday, and next Tuesdays games, that's 3 games in a 6 day period. But since I wasn't there last night, I'm obviously part of the problem, so I should be embarrassed?

You people kill me. There were more Orioles fans in Chicago all last week than Sox or Cubs fans. Should we be embarrassed about that as well?

I'm not saying you are part of the problem or that you should be embarrassed for yourself, but the organization should certainly be embarrassed that despite a great ballpark and a great team, we are outdrawn by a substantial margin by everyone but the Astros. Someone in the warehouse isn't doing there job. Simple as that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying you are part of the problem or that you should be embarrassed for yourself, but the organization should certainly be embarrassed that despite a great ballpark and a great team, we are outdrawn by a substantial margin by everyone but the Astros. Someone in the warehouse isn't doing there job. Simple as that.

In 62 home games, Kansas City has 1.463 million this year, avg = 23.5K

Baltimore in 60 home games, has 1.840 million this year, avg = 30.6K

Not sure why you are making more into this, then it is.

source:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

In 62 home games, Kansas City has 1.463 million this year, avg = 23.5K

Baltimore in 60 home games, has 1.840 million this year, avg = 30.6K

Not sure why you are making more into this, then it is.

source:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

We had one game of 15K, on a Monday night, the first day of the new school year, and following a road trip that TONS of Orioles fans went on.

Its fairly obvious the Orioles marketing department sucks and they should be replaced, and us fans should be highly embarrassed by our inaction last night.

Enough with the excuses. Do kids not go to school yet in Kansas City? Because they had 30,000 at their stadium last night. How about in Philly? Had 23K last night. Pittsburgh had 23K. Padres 24K. Angles 35K. Giants 40K. Jays 26K. Only team we outdrew last night was the Astros by 1K.

Yes it is embarrassing. Not that I'm pointing fingers because I still haven't been to a game at Camden Yards yet this year (Went to the Nats series though).

Kansas City went back two weeks ago.

Philadelphia goes back September 8th (wow that is super late).

Pittsburgh went back yesterday.

San Diego schools restart September 2nd.

San Francisco went back last Monday.

Anaheim went back last Thursday.

Toronto goes back next Tuesday.

Houston went back yesterday.

Baltimore went back yesterday.

Or, what is more likely, is that you are making a big deal out of one day of attendance.

Why are you focusing on one game's attendance figures when we are quite easily destroying these other teams in attendance this year over the previous 60 games? It just doesn't make sense.

Why are you focusing on one game's attendance figures when we are quite easily destroying these other teams in attendance this year over the previous 60 games? It just doesn't make sense.

Some people expect a sellout every night because we're a first place team. We are a mid market team with a 46K seat stadium...this isn't Boston with a small stadium and HUGE market.

These attendance threads just really irritate me, especially when the people complaining don't even go to the games.

This season I am going to be hitting about 25 total games, including Spring Training and Playoffs. That means there are about 60 home games I am NOT at. How should I be embarrassed by that? These threads are just dumb.

Sorry...Rant over!

The Royals are in contention for the first time since the Reagan Administration. I would certainly hope the Royals fans would be interested.

But, after considering this more, I think the OP is right. Orioles fans suck and we should be embarrassed. :rolleyes:

Adding to your point, they've been back to school for a couple weeks there. Yesterday was Jeter's last game in Kansas City. They presented him with a check for his charity. Ellsbury got his 1000th hit.

The first day of school in Kansas City was Aug. 11th. Going into that game, the Royals had won 7-in-a-row, 10-of-11, 15-of-18. They moved into first place that day. Attendance was 21k.

They've been back to school for a couple weeks there. It was Jeter's last game in Kansas City. They presented him with a check for his charity. Ellsbury got his 1000th hit.

The first day of school in Kansas City was Aug. 11th. Going into that game, the Royals had won 7-in-a-row, 10-of-11, 15-of-18. They moved into first place that day. Attendance was 21k.

As, thanks for filling in the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would say.

Geeze, all this flack over attendance, and throwing stones at Oriole Land.

Easy to understand 30K for Jeter's last game in Kansas City.

Enough with the excuses. Do kids not go to school yet in Kansas City? Because they had 30,000 at their stadium last night. How about in Philly? Had 23K last night. Pittsburgh had 23K. Padres 24K. Angles 35K. Giants 40K. Jays 26K. Only team we outdrew last night was the Astros by 1K.

Yes it is embarrassing. Not that I'm pointing fingers because I still haven't been to a game at Camden Yards yet this year (Went to the Nats series though).

Well, for one thing, do all those cities have schools that start before Labor Day?

I'll repeat, I'm not embarrassed. Our attendance is higher than KC, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Toronto. The only two teams you mentioned that are outdrawing us are the Angels and Giants, who rank 4th and 5th in MLB in attendance. So, I really don't draw embarrassment from one particular game or series. However, I will make an observation: Baltimore attendance is very heavily skewed towards the weekends, and I will bet it is much more skewed than most teams. I think that is due to the number of fans who come from the DC area or further south, who simply don't want to deal with DC-area and I-95 traffic on a weeknight. I certainly know that I try to avoid it like the plague.

Well, for one thing, do all those cities have schools that start before Labor Day?

I'll repeat, I'm not embarrassed. Our attendance is higher than KC, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Toronto. The only two teams you mentioned that are outdrawing us are the Angels and Giants, who rank 4th and 5th in MLB in attendance. So, I really don't draw embarrassment from one particular game or series. However, I will make an observation: Baltimore attendance is very heavily skewed towards the weekends, and I will bet it is much more skewed than most teams. I think that is due to the number of fans who come from the DC area or further south, who simply don't want to deal with DC-area and I-95 traffic on a weeknight. I certainly know that I try to avoid it like the plague.

You are probably on to something.

After games, I leave the upper deck behind home plate where my seats are, I leave the B/C parking lot, jump on the 395 ramp, and am on 95 North before the post game show is over. However, 95 South barely moves and looks like a parking lot. If I had to deal with that traffic I would feel a whole lot different about going to weekday games.

After games, I leave the upper deck behind home plate where my seats are, I leave the B/C parking lot, jump on the 395 ramp, and am on 95 North before the post game show is over. However, 95 South barely moves and looks like a parking lot. If I had to deal with that traffic I would feel a whole lot different about going to weekday games.

Try 295 South for a ways, it gets me right on out of Baltimore and South extremely quickly.

It takes me two hours to drive to OPACY from my office in downtown DC on most weeknights. Two really aggravating hours. On a weekend, it takes about 45-50 minutes to make the same trip.

It isn't usually too too bad after games--but there's that construction on 95 that is absolutely killer. I really can't emphasize enough how horrible it is. Going both to and from the games.

Archived