15,000 only?

Spakman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

School starting and school nights almost always cut into the attendance. Plus, and I've said this many times before, it's Tampa Bay. Unless it's a weekend series with good weather, nobody is going to watch the O's play Tampa Bay. The crowds will be there for the weekend series and Labor Day. Relax.

School starting and school nights almost always cut into the attendance. Plus, and I've said this many times before, it's Tampa Bay. Unless it's a weekend series with good weather, nobody is going to watch the O's play Tampa Bay. The crowds will be there for the weekend series and Labor Day. Relax.

Not to mention how many people coming home just off vacation.

No Grand Prix in Baltimore, we should have some nice crowds for Labor Day weekend.

Not to mention how many people coming home just off vacation.No Grand Prix in Baltimore, we should have some nice crowds for Labor Day weekend.

Exactly. I just go back from Chicago and needless to say, I'm very tired after driving 12 hrs. I will be at the Yard on Wednesday, Sunday and Monday. :thumbsup1:

What a dumb thread. It's Monday and first day of school. Baseball is great and all but some things are more important.

It's embarrassing, still. Not everybody has school-aged children. Monday is not a very good excuse, either.

I'm not at all surprised, nor embarrassed. Two years ago we played four games with the White Sox the last week of August and didn't draw more than 13,098 in any of the games. It's about the worst week of the year for attendance. I'm sure crowds will be good this weekend, though.

Enough with the excuses. Do kids not go to school yet in Kansas City? Because they had 30,000 at their stadium last night. How about in Philly? Had 23K last night. Pittsburgh had 23K. Padres 24K. Angles 35K. Giants 40K. Jays 26K. Only team we outdrew last night was the Astros by 1K.

Yes it is embarrassing. Not that I'm pointing fingers because I still haven't been to a game at Camden Yards yet this year (Went to the Nats series though).

Enough with the excuses. Do kids not go to school yet in Kansas City? Because they had 30,000 at their stadium last night. How about in Philly? Had 23K last night. Pittsburgh had 23K. Padres 24K. Angles 35K. Giants 40K. Jays 26K. Only team we outdrew last night was the Astros by 1K.

Yes it is embarrassing. Not that I'm pointing fingers because I still haven't been to a game at Camden Yards yet this year (Went to the Nats series though).

I chuckle at people like you and the OP.

So, just so I get this straight. I have tickets to this Thursday, Saturday, and next Tuesdays games, that's 3 games in a 6 day period. But since I wasn't there last night, I'm obviously part of the problem, so I should be embarrassed?

You people kill me. There were more Orioles fans in Chicago all last week than Sox or Cubs fans. Should we be embarrassed about that as well?

is there anything to do in Kansas in August, besides a ball game? :)

is there anything to do in Kansas in August, besides a ball game? :)

The Royals are in contention for the first time since the Reagan Administration. I would certainly hope the Royals fans would be interested.

But, after considering this more, I think the OP is right. Orioles fans suck and we should be embarrassed. :rolleyes:

Archived