Chen Optioned to GCL Orioles; September Call-ups are Coming!

Sanfran327

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chen will pitch Sun for Orioles.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">August 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chen will pitch Sun for Orioles.</p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">August 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sun and unicorns and rainbows? :grouphug:

If it was by Aug. 31 then wouldn't everyone who has been on the 25 man since OD be eligible for the playoffs?

That's what I thought. The 31st applies to guys who haven't been up at all. Like say Joe Saunders.

e: And like I said, I don't know this for fact. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I thought. The 31st applies to guys who haven't been up at all. Like say Joe Saunders.

e: And like I said, I don't know this for fact. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Any player who is either

- on the 25 man major league roster, or

- on the disabled list (7, 15, or 60 day DL), or

- on the suspended list, or

- on bereavement leave, or

- on military active duty

as of midnight on August 31st, just before major league rosters expand, is automatically eligible to be on the club’s post season roster.

In addition, a club can replace any player who is injured at the time that playoff rosters are submitted. http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/8/22/4644062/playoff-roster-eligibility-explained

Any player who is either

- on the 25 man major league roster, or

- on the disabled list (7, 15, or 60 day DL), or

- on the suspended list, or

- on bereavement leave, or

- on military active duty

as of midnight on August 31st, just before major league rosters expand, is automatically eligible to be on the club’s post season roster.

In addition, a club can replace any player who is injured at the time that playoff rosters are submitted. http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/8/22/4644062/playoff-roster-eligibility-explained

Ok. F me then. :P

I think it is being overly cute. Is Clevenger going to get into a game?

Just strikes me as a "Look how smart I am" kinda move.

Gives Buck the ability to pinch hit for a catcher....although I don't know who would be pinch hitting that would hit better than the catchers. Not like Lough or Flaherty would be an improvement.

Gives Buck the ability to pinch hit for a catcher....although I don't know who would be pinch hitting that would hit better than the catchers. Not like Lough or Flaherty would be an improvement.

Clevenger himself might hit better.

Not pinch hit, pinch run for one of the catchers. Pretty sure Lough would be good for that.

He is available for return this weekend, because GCL is over then. He can also just be recalled Monday too.
Yeah, Dan just doing his thing.

So then, I presume that he's not REALLY getting on a plane and heading down to Florida, even though he'll technically be a member of that team for a few days.

Archived