Chen Optioned to GCL Orioles; September Call-ups are Coming!

Sanfran327

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hurts Chen's service time a bit. Might annoy him even if it is mostly a bookkeeping issue.

I don't think that matters. It's not like he's trying to build up service time to become a free agent, he's cut loose when his current contract is over. Anyway it's like two days, so it wouldn't matter in any case.

Why shouldn't we take advantage of every possible opportunity available to us? Seems like the posters on here have more issues with the perceived slap in the face ego issues than the actual players do.

It's a win-win. Clevenger might be the guy sent down for 2 days when Chen comes back. Norfolk is done Monday.

Why shouldn't we take advantage of every possible opportunity available to us? Seems like the posters on here have more issues with the perceived slap in the face ego issues than the actual players do.

And if it someone of more import then Clevenger I might be fine with it.

I just don't see a LH PH as being worth the paperwork.

Third catcher, though, so I guess he gives Buck some flexibility on pinch-hitting or running for the starting catcher.

Maybe. If Buck considered him a catcher.

I am by no means upset by a move of this insignificance I just don't see where it is likely to make a ripple in a still pond.

What's the down side? What is more likely over the next few days....you pitch Chen on 2 or 3 days rest, or you need a left handed bat off the bench?

If you want to look that far into it sure... maybe we could use the LHB off the bench over the next 4 days... was it needed.. :no:

This was just a move to make a move beacuse you just wanted to make a move.

Who cares when you have people doing the paperwork for you? Use any advantage you can get. If Cleaver happens to get a big hit that leads to a win in the next 4 games, it was absolutely worth it.

That is a bit obvious right? And if he gets in and allows two SB that cost the O's a game the reverse is true.

Roch says Chen starts Sunday, Gausman Monday. Most likely McF or Clevenger goes down to AAA on Sunday to bring Chen back.

So the 10 day time period only applies when the league is in session? Would the guy who gets sent down on the 31st be able to be called back up the next day?

So the 10 day time period only applies when the league is in session? Would the guy who gets sent down on the 31st be able to be called back up the next day?

They can come back when the certain MiL season ends.

Plus Chen has to be down for 20 days to lose service time.

Archived