Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

So that's 17 regular season games and 8 in the postseason, if we play that many. Probably done for the year given how rusty he'll be if we are still playing after all of that.

Why couldn't this have happened two weeks ago? Burned the suspension in the reg season that way. Good grief.

I believe with the new rule that was implemented with the Biogenesis players, he would not be allowed to return in the postseason.

I could be wrong though, since I'm not sure if amphetamines qualify as PEDs in baseball (I know they do in football).

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles 1B Chris Davis suspended 25 games without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension includes <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/postseason?src=hash">#postseason</a> games.</p>— MLB (@MLB) <a href="

">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ouch

Or that people who are not performing get stupid when they are desperate.

This.

I bet he resorted to this after a few months of subpar performance. It's a shame. Especially after he brusquely brushed off the questions about last season. There are no shortcuts to success.

Yes, but fewer things have gone wrong for the Orioles than any other team in the division.

I'm not sure what your point is so I'm not going to argue with you. This is another in a string of bad luck occurrences that now includes losing three 2013 all stars from our everyday lineup, among other things. It's all turned out OK so far but it's still bad news.

I'm not sure what your point is so I'm not going to argue with you. This is another in a string of bad luck occurrences that now includes losing three 2013 all stars from our everyday lineup, among other things. It's all turned out OK so far but it's still bad news.

OK, but I wouldn't call taking PED's bad luck.

Archived