Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RESET THE NARRATIVE:::::

Davis tested positive.

Davis has taken Adderall for years, been diagnosed with ADHD and took it while on the Rangers.

Davis was denied TUE in 2012, because he was denied it in 2012 he did not bother applying since then.

2013= amazing, "I never needed it anyway!"

2014= the polar opposite, gets scared/ desperate goes back on Adderall to help with focus. Knows he is playing with fire, but regular dosages might not trigger a test unless the timing is poor (assumption).

Gets dinged for it, goes off it.

Struggles even more.

The rest is history.

Very little of that is confirmed as history.

Well that brings us to today.

We know he was diagnosed with ADHD years ago and had the exemption in Texas. According to Conolly he hasn't had it since 2012.

Now, should we assume he was still taking prescription adderall in 12 and 13? That is up to you, an argument can be made either way. He did not test positive for anything that we know of in either year. So either his meds did not trip the test (got lucky), or he did not take them.

Now.

Articles today stated that Davis went back on Adderall as a response to his historically bad season. So he got scared/ desperate.

The issue is we don't know when the tests were administered.

We know that Davis has not attempted to dodge the issue and has stated that it was Adderall, and he said that he had exemptions in the past, just not this year.

It would be interesting to see the levels of the drug in his system. Like was it the amount that one would normally see in the system of someone taking prescription Adderall or was he clearly abusing the drug in an attempt to improve his performance? To me, personally, there is a distinction.

It doesn't matter for the suspension at all, and he still has to answer to the team - but I am not going to call for his head on a platter or run him off the team in shame if that is the case.

Ok, just spent the last hour and a half reading articles and the 40 pages in this thread.

in the meantime, I took time to tell my kids Chris Davis' season was over...and why. My son, who wears Chris' number is the most disappointed. I cannot begin to put words to my disappointment.

A few thought however....

I think in time, when all of the facts are out I can forgive Chris. It won't be that hard but it won't be terribly easy either. I would have preferred the O's not sign Cruz for his past and have been thoroughly pleased that the FO did not listen to me.

I think it is a shame that so many posters here look to this as being a death blow for the Orioles. As if not having Chris Davis is something that cannot be overcome. It will most certainly be difficult. I think his presence in the dugout is by far the biggest blow. The honest truth is that Orioles have proven all year they can overcome not having Chris Davis in the lineup. That is if your expectation is the 2013 version.

Difficult? Yes, this will make things tougher for the O's as it takes away some options at the plate and how we cover 3b.

Worse than losing Matt? Manny? Hardy for a time? Probably not

It has still been a hell of a good season, and there is no reason to think that it can't or won't continue.

For many here it has been OVER dozens of times so far this season and they have been wrong consistently. I simply do not know why losing CD means it's over. Because it's not.

Of course it would help to take two today. I see it's bottom of 10th 0-0.

Let's Go O's!

You wouldn't be playing with a man short since he'd be eligible for the whole WS. You can have different rosters for each series.

You would be playing a man short in the ALCS and it would still not be allowed. He would be ineligible to be added to the roster for that series.

You would be playing a man short in the ALCS and it would still not be allowed. He would be ineligible to be added to the roster for that series.

Heyman said he could be placed on the ALCS Roster and the O's would have to play a man short until the suspension was over. I don't know if he is right or not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources confirm that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>’ Davis has gone several years since requesting TUE for Adderall. First reported by <a href="https://twitter.com/BNightengale">@BNightengale</a>.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guest rochester
So my theory is he gets the exemption, uses. Loses the exemption, plays without it. Decides he doesn't need it and doesn't try to get another exemption. Falls victim to the pressure and uses.

I am not trying to make excuses for Davis but where in the heck is Boras in all of this? Did he not know of the ADHD dx? If so, why wasn't he fighting the MLB when they turned down the last request? I know he can't babysit these guys nor can he do anything if nothing is said or he is lied to but, with as much money as he will lose (which I believe it's what it is ALL about to him) one may think he would have somehow got involved or at least monitored it.

I am not trying to make excuses for Davis but where in the heck is Boras in all of this? Did he not know of the ADHD dx? If so, why wasn't he fighting the MLB when they turned down the last request? I know he can't babysit these guys nor can he do anything if nothing is said or he is lied to but, with as much money as he will lose (which I believe it's what it is ALL about to him) one may think he would have somehow got involved or at least monitored it.

2012 Davis wasn't a high priority.

Archived