vs. Yankees 9/24

weams

Wouldn't SITTING Jeter give them a better chance?

Sure would, as would batting him way down in the lineup. Girardi went on record saying he's not managing the Jeter Farewell Tour, but his actions have shown that he put Jeter's interests above the teams best interests.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeter is the Tom Brady of the MLB. He belongs in the HOF but I'll be damned if I have to "admire him". Jeter benefited from the Maier HR the way Brady did the Tuck Rule. Sorry don't want to bring football into the game thread but the two are so similar in how we're told that we have to like these guys. I think Jeter belongs in the HOF. Hell I'd even vote him in on the first ballot if I were on the BBWAA but at the same time I am tired of Yankee lackeys ignoring his shortcomings.

On the first page of this thread there is a video that makes a good case that DJ does not belong in the HOF.

On the first page of this thread there is a video that makes a good case that DJ does not belong in the HOF.

The Olbermann video? I think you're going too far - he's just saying Jeter isn't the greatest player of all time, or even the greatest SS of all time. But I'm pretty sure Olbermann still thinks Jeter belongs in the HOF.

Archived