Chen vs Right-handed heavy Tigers lineup

Tony-OH

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and here is Buck, once again too slow to make the pitching change as he hangs Gausman out to dry against the heart of the best hitting #3,#4,#5 hitters in the majors.

Good thing we have that great bullpen

Some untimely sarcasm as we enter the 9th with a lead. Now eat some crow, funny guy.

Please defend the position that Chen is the O's best pitcher.

And of course you can bench him. He's a big boy, they pushed him back a day earlier in the year so he would avoid Det.

Second lowest FIP, 185 ip +, and second lowest WHIP on the team. This team does not have a clear cut #1, but then again I said he is arguably there best pitcher.

Pushing a guy back during a 162 season is protection. Leaving him off the roster and then coming back to him to pitch in the ALCS and hopefully the World Series is benching him.

Second lowest FIP, 185 ip +, and second lowest WHIP on the team. This team does not have a clear cut #1, but then again I said he is arguably there best pitcher.

Pushing a guy back during a 162 season is protection. Leaving him off the roster and then coming back to him to pitch in the ALCS and hopefully the World Series is benching him.

Sorry, it's the playoffs, you put on your big boy pants and do what is best for the team.

And this isn't hindsight on my part.

Sorry, it's the playoffs, you put on your big boy pants and do what is best for the team.

And this isn't hindsight on my part.

"Putting on your big boy pants" is easy to say behind the keyboard. But it's not that simple when you will possibly be relying on the guy to win 4 more games down the road.

"Putting on your big boy pants" is easy to say behind the keyboard. But it's not that simple when you will possibly be relying on the guy to win 4 more games down the road.

I have never heard word one of Chen being a guy that would take exception at being asked to stand aside for this series for the good of the team. Let him start game 1 of the next series.

Heck Tillman was pitching really well in 2012 and didn't even get into a game.

Funny how people on a message board think they know everything, while the man they are questioning is on the dugout of a playoff game.

Some people on this board need help with reality.

Funny how those folks on the message board that didn't want to start Chen were actually right.

Just because Buck is very good does not make him infallible.

Nobody's infallible.

Look, he started Chen, I thought it was a bad idea, but at least he didn't let things get too out of hand. Chen was yanked for Gausman who should have started; Gausman did his job and the Orioles feasted again on Detroit's terrible bullpen. I'm happy! Moving on.

Archived